Skip to content

7.00 Question

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
Hey @Sven, did the 7.00 update increase the speed of the "Clean Up" feature? I have one server that has been running since the day you put that out and it's ran through about 3 million domains. If I stop and restart with 7.00 will that speed be improved?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    I was curious about that too, the clean up has cleaned more urls than i actually have on my verified list, so is it cleaning successful and identified lists too?
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    If i'm correct, this update targeted email processing/verification speed. I was having slow processing speeds with this.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It's not improving speed on clean up sorry.
  • @Sven I have a question about this clean-up feature.... Where does it take the list from? I mean I've let it run for a few hours, and not even 1% completed (I think there was 1 px on the progress bar) so I thought it probably pulls links from identified and successful lists also... I have no interest for those lists, only verified. So, I deleted all files in successful and identified only to speed up the clean-up for the verified list.

But to my surprise, it's still same shit, after like 5 hours, barely did like 3-4% of the progress bar. So, my question again... from where does it take all the links ? and to what purpose it takes so many?
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    edited November 2013
    @seowizzard In my experience the progress bar didn't move constantly, but showed very little at first and then some time later it was suddenly finished. Used it also for verified list. Suggest you to wait a while, let it run for a night or 24hrs.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @sewizzard It pulls links from every list you have saved. Identified, Successful, Verified and possibly failed.

You can verify this by removing all lists from those folders and running it again, it will go MUCH faster.
    @donchino mine had run for about 7 days when I finally stopped it. It has parsed about 4 million total URLS 75% good. I removed Identified/Successful/Failed and it took about 2 days to finish just my verified list.

• @Brandom I deleted all files from identified, successful and failed folders. Only kep the ones from verified, which are around 85000. Then I restarted SER and ran the clean-up.

After like 6 hours or more, it did around 3% and identified 76k and unknown 26k. Only these are 102k, which is a lot more than what I have in my site lists. So, considering it only did 3%, It is running through around 3 million domains. So... where do these domains come from?
    Did you actually delete them from the folders? SER has a bug in this feature, the graph and percentage is not accurate. It will run for a long time, then complete even though it says it's under 10% done.

The speed depends on your threads and processor speed. My beefy servers go 10x faster than my slow servers.
  • I've manually deleted everything in all sitelist folders except the verified one. Running at 200-300 threads (but this is not the issue). Issue is it takes a hell-lot of links I shouldn't have.
  • here same about speed
    but after one night clean up I realized that it needs to be done in junks by selecting only a small group of engines, depending on file size

I deleted all engines I never need and do step by step = most important engines first, etc

If you run it on all engines = you may NOT be able to install a SER upgrade as the progress might get lost
    also of course clean up uses SER resources and works MUCH faster if all SER submissions stopped and number of threads somewhat HIGHER (double may be) than for submissions (my experience)

@sven may be a select by mask would make the clean up selection of engines in small groups easier
    @hans51 - Running most important engines first is a great idea, i'm going to do that now :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @hans51 next version has a Check by Mask.
  • It finished here, but honestly I still saw the same size list, even better, I removed an extra 12000 duplicates after it finished... so I don't think it does, what we think it does.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Does it do the actual cleaning as it work, or do you have to run it until the end to then select remove dead ?
  • I pressed OK at end and nothing happened, only thing happened was adding a bunch of duplicate urls to my verified list, that I removed afterwards.
    @seowizzard - Yes you are right, if anyone doubts it is adding duplicates, run it on one file then open the folder with that file in and watch the file size grow!!!