Skip to content

Article Manager Pulling Titles From Folder

I have uploaded lots of articles, lets say 50, and need to create a titles folder. I have searched but couldn't find the right answer. I was wondering if I need to create 50 titles or can I just have one title document with mega spun titles (more than 50 each spun)? This would save me tonnes of time. All of the titles/articles are related so each title doesn't necessarily have to match up perfectly.

I have 40 projects to do this for so I kinda want to trim down the time spent setting up each one.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You can do it either way, but since it doesn't matter if the titles match up to the articles you could just do spintax in one file and pull from there. I'm not sure how the whole duplicate articles thing would work in the article manager though. 

Since they're all heavily spun, you could probably disable that.
  • Cool @s4nt0s thanks for that.

I'I will uncheck the dupe articles as I will be replacing them every so often and they are heavily spun so they should last a lifetime :)
    Awesome. There you go :)
  • Hmm, @s4nt0s, I have set up 15 projects to pull articles/titles from the folder but one or two projects are failing to find the articles (even though there are 50+ in the folder). I can't see why there is a problem as it's pulling articles from other folders for other projects.

Is there another way of getting SER to pull articles from a folder. They are all on the desktop, all working apart from two projects. Everything I have done is the same. The articles in txt files look fine to me. They are in spintax format, so I guess I click 'No' when it asks if I want the spintax to be used as that is asking if SER wants to spin them for me, which I don't as they are already spun. To be honest, I've used No, Yes and Only if Not Present, and still get the same result of it finding no articles in the folder.
    Try using the %spinfolder% macro.

In article manager click the "add" button then "enter manually". Right click in title field > insert macro > %spinfolder%. A box will pop open asking to pick the directory so pick the folder where your titles are stored.

Then in the body field you would use the same macro and pick the article bodies you have stored in a folder.

Make sure you preview it to make sure it looks ok.
  • Ah, that makes sense. Thanks again. I have 20 successful and 8 unsuccessful at the moment, doing it this way: add articles > from folder > choose folder. I will try it your way and hopefully those 8 will work.