Skip to content

Tips for getting more submitted links from Articles, Social Networks, and Web 2.0 Engines

Trying to troubleshoot why I'm not getting any submitted links from Articles, Social Networks, and Web 2.0 engines. I have two submitted links in the past half hour so I believe that something is wrong. 
-50 brand new private proxies from buyproxies
-1GBPS VPS, keyword list from FuryKyle above (imported 10k random english keywords)
-Running captcha breaker,set to 4 retries. No secondary captcha service at the moment
-100 threads, 140 HTML timeout
Proxies are trans type, 49/50 are working. All marked as private so not sure why there is that red text above^

-Using no filtering whatsoever in posting/scraping. 
-Using 50 hotmail accounts that I purchased from banditim, confirmed tested and working
-Using an imported Kontent Machine template to fill out data fields, logins/passwords randomized
-50 super spun articles imported from Kontent Machine
-Using Ozz's search engine selections file that he put up for download (roughly 20 or so)

Any idea where I might be going wrong? I'm not getting any submitted links in the bottom bar, and in my projects window it shows submitted links but then when I view them I see [awaiting account verification] next to nearly all of them. The reason you see multiple in the screenshots is because I have tried running this project countless times now to see if I could figure out the issue. 

Thanks

Comments

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2013
    The projects window shows both submitted links and account registrations (what you're seeing), whereas the bottom bar only shows submissions.

SER has to create accounts before it can submit to the sites as they aren't auto approve. Therefore, if you leave it running for a while (all being well) it will go back and verify all those accounts and submit articles to them (which will show up n the bottom bar as submissions).

• Okay, I thought that I may be doing something wrong. I'm still showing 0 LPM in the bottom bar though too. I suppose this is normal considering that I am only using the above engines? 

How long does GSA take to normally go back into the accounts and post articles? 

For future projects, will GSA use these same accounts so that it doesn't have to create a new one and go through the waiting process again? 

Thanks @2take2
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    You've run out of targets. Check more project types and you'll see your numbers go up. Numbers aren't important however :)

SER will create new accounts for every project unless you import your old accounts.
  • @Brandon, how do you know that I have run out of targets? GSA is scraping new targets constantly and I doubt it has exhausted my list of 10k keywords in a matter of two hours of running. I realize that I could boost LPM if I were to switch to different platforms, but I am more interested in getting contextual links for the time being. Thanks for the information regarding the account importation. 
  • I'm not sure how long it takes for SER to go back and post articles on the accounts, it's not something I've really paid too much attention to, so you would probably need to ask @sven.

I would imagine that it will partly depend on your settings in the email tab though, as SER will need to find the verification link before it posts to it.

Also, bear in mind that there are lots of article sites that are either abandoned, automatically rejecting anything submitted with a hotmail account, moderating strictly, or simply taking days to send emails.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though, once you get enough data to sort out which engines perform best, and a decent site list, you'll be able to rattle off thousands of verifieds in a matter of hours (if need be).

Note: in your first pic, you may want to check to use private proxies for pr checking and verification, and also uncheck 'disable banned proxies'. :)
  • Thanks @2take2. I'll let things run awhile and see what I am able to come up with. I've got a few instances of Scrapebox going concurrently scraping the articles footprints. Debating on whether I should break the footprints up into smaller batches and start a new scrape. 

Do you see anything else inherently wrong with my settings/configuration based on the information that I stated above? Thanks for the proxies tips. The reason that I have disabled banned proxies checked is because I didn't want my native IP to leak if all of my proxies became banned and disabled.(or would that just cause GSA to stop running my projects? hmm)
  • If you want to build a list with a high success rate quickly, scrape for the (text) footprints that SER users who don't modify their content files leave behind when they post articles.

Your settings look ok, although with only 100 threads I would probably lower the html timeout to about 60 - 90, and with 50 private proxies to play with you could probably lower the custom search engine wait time down to about 5 or 10 seconds (provided you're using plenty of different search engines). - Have a play and see what works best.
  • @2take2, thanks again. Regarding search engine choices, I am just using these english search engines search engine selection preloaded file that comes with GSA. It seems there is much conflicting info out there about this though.