Skip to content

Projects Don't Stop

I don't know if this is a bug or not but when I hit stop on the Scheduler,  Or on SER itself  They don't stop at all.  I've sat and waited around 10-15 mins and it just continues going.   The only way I can get it to stop is to Task Manager  Than stop the program than when it reloads all the priorities are all messed up.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    And is there still action on the log? If so, paste some lines here to get a clue.
  • it seems normal behavior (for me)
    if on slower www connections that state may easily go up to 30+ minutes
    with no CPU usage nor threads active
    but
    by the very end you get an output on your log
    and you see usually it is always something with email downloading/parsing
    specially if you have several projects/Tiers using a few common mail boxes

one method I found to work is to do all the email stuff BEFORE starting SER

then the mail boxes are mostly empty and only refilled with currently ongoing activities and by the end of your run = hitting STOP = then may result in all projects being inactive and cleared within FEW minutes only

MAY BE the announcement of "downloading email" or "parsing email" is made at the very beginning = may be hundreds or thousands of log lines before
    after STOP  and a waiting period, all you see is the final result

may be there is a way to tell users AFTER stop what activities are still pending ?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    For me, even after all processes finish and log is blank still it won't let me restart projects with the scheduler button, saying "Projects are still running" or something similar - But the normal start button works fine.

@sven - I believe there is some problem when stopping projects using the scheduler, normal stop/start seems to work fine.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

I have had phantom projects running on some occasions

The five second count down button don't stop them either

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    @leeg - Good point about the 5 second timer button, that also doesn't work for me.
    Usually have to wait literally hours or close it with task manager which results in lost data.
    Please check it out Sven.