Skip to content

YouTube ranking question

edited November 2013 in Need Help
I would be glad if @Sven or some other knowledgeable people help me answer some of my questions with details.

1. What is the best setting to get maximum anchor text oriented backlinks for youtube in minimum time?

2. How to rank YouTube video in google.de or google.fr with English content?

3. Can someone provide me a list of English only, French only SE?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't know. I leave that for the SEO experts.
  • @Sven - Can you possibly answer the second question (it is applicable for all sites)? Also, I would appreciate some help from SEO experts around here.

Thanks in advance.
  • 1.) It depends on the competition. Test it and find out for yourself, that's what everyone else does.

2.) Odd question... I don't use YT but I guess there is a location/country specific option to target your videos, as that's how all of Google's other products work. Have a translation in the bio box below the video in German and English for .de and French and English for .fr. Set SER to collect backlinks from .fr and .de sites.

3.) English only search engines? French only search engines? Go to Options -> and take a look at the country-specific search engines and choose them from there.

At the end of the day, a YT video has a URL. SER builds backlinks to URLs, so you need to find out what works for what niche, industry, type of URL, platform, with what SER engines and backlinking strategy, and don't forget to use social networking sites on YT videos, as everyone shares videos and they can go viral, so Google looks out for this and that's where your video will climb up quickly. 

I may be wrong here and don't mean offence, but it's almost like you're asking for someone to do all of the work for you. If that's the case, then you might as well start a thread and pay for someone to do it.
  • Thanks for your prompt helpful post JudderMan. I actually intended to learn new things through this post. I didn't intend to ask someone to all my work. I once saw that someone here shared a sorted list of serach engines for English which included around 20/21 most used SE. The default "English" SE setting checks 167 SEs and most of them are useless.

Still, I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.
  • No problem sasuke24:

1) Take any YT video that has similar optimisation to your YT video and practice on it. See if you can move it upwards. Then, if the video doesn't get banned or deleted, try that strategy on your own. Of course, you could just limit the amount of links you send to your own video, ie. 10 high PR per day, with tiers of lower PR sites. This way it's not full out attack spam and will keep you under the radar. It's finding a balance of what works and what doesn't. If you have to kill a few videos in the process then so be it...which is why I said practice on someone elses ;) I try and keep the max % for anchors below 20%, but that's just me, and up to 100% for T2 and T3 links. It just depends on competition and how far you can push it.

If you choose too many search engines then the results will be the same and you would waste SER resources. I choose Bing and Google for mine, but I'm sure there are ways of testing with others without getting too many similar results. This would be trial and error until you reach a happy medium.

• Thanks againg for being so helpful JudderMan! I really appreciate your information and help.

I would like to know how I can only set all Google/Bing or Yahoo engines?
  • edited November 2013
    In your project, click Options there is a country-specific box for search engines, there's around 1000 I think. You can pick your search engines from there. It's dead simple once you see it ;)

• Well actually it takes quite much time to sort out engines manually. I did that already though.

Anyway, I was wondering how can I make a single anchor text around 40%~50% in anchor cloud of my website? I know this is risky, but how can I do it?
  • Add your 1 anchor text in the anchor box and set the "use root/main URL" to 50%. I wouldn't recommend it, though, I'd add a few more anchors in that are related/LSI. But if you're just testing then go for it. 

Don't forget that once YT bans your video that you need to set up new Gmail accounts and edit the video, change titles etc etc if you're going to use it again on a different account.

Like I said above, test on someone else's video until you get the results you want or take it very slow on your own video and build up. Spam works but spam that's not targeted and careful is a recipe for the ban hammer.
  • I am already testing on some random videos. I am not targeting already ranked videos as I don't want to hurt other's hard work. Targeting some unranked videos.

Thanks for your constant support!