Skip to content

Login to email account fails

edited October 2012 in Need Help
I am using an email account on my own server (a catchall email). I noticed # verified links was way down today. In checking around, I just noticed when I "Test" (button) my email account (under the Email Verification settings), I get a message back "Login Failed".

I can login to that email via internet email from my cPanel (Squirrel Mail). How do I find what error is being returned? Has anything changed in one of the last couple updates? (I am running 4.45.)

Comments

• Hey David, I just installed the catchall  today on same hosting (using roundbox) after many trial and errors i got my GSA settings at port 110 and unchecked [use SSL]   testing is fine and everything works great now. 

I m running 4.45 as well.

Hope this might help.

• Yeah...I have had this set up and running for 2-3 days now. My hosting uses the same settings. When I would click on "Test" before, I would get a good response. Now I do not.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Under pop settings have you tried mail.domain.com? port 995 and ssl enabled?
  • are you using the right combination of server,port and login email?

• It's generally port 110 with ssl unchecked for cpanel carchalls. Do you have these settings?
  • In my GSA,

I`m using hotmail

Pop3-Server : pop3.live.com Port: 995
    randomname@hotmail.co.uk   

this is my set-up

its works very fine
  • Thanks for all the help offered. I don't know what it was - some kind of temporary glitch. It is working fine again now.