Skip to content

GSA crashed and or stopped so what happens to the data?

edited October 2012 in Need Help
For some reason my VPS rebooted thus my GSA which was running for 2 days had to be restarted maually. So what happens to the data? Does it continue to run from where it left off or what happens exactly?

2nd. If i make changes in the config section or open the products and make changes is it safe to click STOP then START? What happens if i click STOP. Does it start up from where it left off?

Not much information about this anywhere. I think its important to conver this.

Comments

• Of course it does.
  • How do you know?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited October 2012
    It's always good to make backups of your projects whenever you can just in case of any unexpected crashes.

From what I understand, the software should pick up where it left off. Here is the process Sven explained to me:

- URLs from an imported file are always proceeded in sequence. (It will start where it left off)
    - URLs from search engine scraping are saved as well, but the next time the software is started, a random combination to start with search engines is chosen. (footprint, keyword, engine)

So basically it will pretty much start off where you left it and yes you can stop and adjust the project settings and start it back up.
  • Thanks for the info