Skip to content

Translation of Foreign Platforms

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited October 2012 in Feature Requests
I'm not sure if most users do this (except for the German and Polish users), but I always disable the foreign platforms. I have been reading that they offer some very good links and have been thinking about how to use them better. 

I can take a paragraph of text and place it in a translator and then use that, but it is then the same text used on multiple engines and leaves a very clear duplicate content text. I can't use spintax in a foreign language as I don't know what type of output it gives!

The feature that would be useful, is for it to take the English spintax and then generate a paragraph and then run this paragraph through the translator (google, babelfish, etc) and then use the output to post to these foreign sites. OR for those with a different language, it could take the foreign input and then translate to English and use that. (I think most users have a good understanding of English so this second option might be unnecessary.)

This would mean many more users would make use of these engines. 

I also do not know if this is easily doable or possible at all. Just an idea. 

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you can use the #trans macro and it should be done automatically.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited October 2012
    Can someone explain this a little more? I don't really know how to do that! :-) And I've read the macro pdf!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

copy the content of your english stuff to the german fields...and enter #trans at the beginning and #notrans at the end of the text. done. 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Always an easy solution!
  • good to know !
    i never thought this can be done automatically too :)