Skip to content

project status to remove links - Active (D)

Hi @sven, would it be possible to get a bit of clarification on what this option does or is it as simple as the description makes it? Removes all links to money site...

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Well yes, it tries to clean up all the links you placed. Of course this will only work for platforms where an account was created. Basically it logs in, removes account if possible and if not, removes articles, blog posts and profile data where possible.

This should be useful for future updates of our "beloved big brother G." where it turns out to have a different percentage of anchors or remove links completely from a certain platform. 

• edited October 2013
    Excellent, thanks for the explanation @Sven.

Out of interest, is there a way of changing anchors on a mass scale, rather than deleting the link altogether? I.E; could I change all anchors to just naked URL links?

As a non coder (read; naive user) I have no idea if that is difficult or not.  
  • One of the best, and most important features that were added recently. Looking forward to more engines getting added.

Incredible work! 
    Well right now it is only removing things. Editing would DELETE + SUBMIT again, guess this can be added later.
  • Sven you are the man! Genius. Huge time saver. God bless ya.
  • Btw, where is this feature located? Sorry, I missed it. Thx
    right click on project->status->active (remove links)
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Sven, does this also send the updated sites to the indexer services we use, so the missing links are found not to be there quicker by google?

That way it will help speed up recovery from any penalty we are trying to recover a site from

• edited October 2013
    @Sven Is it possible to target specific links for removal? Like links with a specific anchor text that Penquin hit me on - probably for having too many. If it deletes all links then I will probably lose rank on the few keywords that I still rank page one - wouldn't want to do that. Maybe use something that allows using a mask like *anchor* so I could also get rid of links with all variations of a particular anchor text.

@Mike, yes this will be possible in the future, though for now you can just do that by project edit->select engines where you think the unwanted link exists->start project with status "Active (D)".

@LeeG no, didn't thought about this as I saw it as a waste of resources getting a site indexed with no link on it. I thought G. will spider it soon enough anyway and realize the link is no longer there.

• @Sven - thanks, I'll have to wait for that feature in my case. With 60k links across many engines, I will never be able to pinpoint where the links with the bad (too many) anchor text are.
  • I agree with Mike that it would be handy if we can remove only links we want.
  • @Sven

is it possible to remove Nofollow Links using this feature.

@idreesfarooq yes, but only the same way as described before.

1. duplicate project (everyhting, not just options/data)

2. delete all verified urls you want to keep from the duplicated one

3. enable all engines / turn to active (remove links) / start

4. at the end do a re verify in original project and remove those who do not verify

• Sven, when do we know when this removalthing  is over?
    when you see nothing in the log as activity.
  • Is it possible to delete links added from another GSA server. I used GSA to create backlinks from a server and I dont have access to it anymore. Now, I want to delete those links. Is it possible?
    If you have the project backup then yes, this is working just fine.
  • Does it generate a list of removed links?
    no, but when you re-validate the links (right click on project->show urls->verified->re-verify), you will see what links are now gone.
    Thanked by 1chamdi
  • Hi! Can I delete specific urls?
    Yes of course. all selected urls can be deleted.
    The selection can also be automated based on certain criteria like date/engine type and so on. Just check the popup menu.