Skip to content

This is Google Penalties or no ?

Dear friends , by GSA i got many ranks in google and i was first page of google for all keywords of my website , but in 14 Oct ( 10 ) i changed my website

from joomla to wordpress , and from 15 Oct i lossed all ranks in google !!! now i dont have any rank .

so now , this is Google Penalties ?

Thank you

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    I would guess not, it's because you changed the CMS.
    Whenever you make a change as big as that Google will have to re-evaluate how your site ranks.
    I would guess also that if you keep building backlinks the rankings should return.

But in all honesty, changing CMS when you have good rankings is a very bad idea.
  • I agree with gooner, changing things when you're ranking, especially for niche sites that we make (that we're only interested in making money from) isn't a good idea IMHO because the whole structure, URL pattern, etc changes.
  • yes :( but now it happen . so now i should finde best way to recover it .
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    @vizviz - Did you change the meta data, Url Structures or anything else apart from the CMS?
  • What exactly did you change?

• CMS , WORDPRESS TO JOOMLA .
  • Url Structures and theme
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    If you changed the URL structures then google will see them as new pages.

You need to change them to EXACTLY how they were before, that also includes using exactly the same page titles (and other meta data, just to be on the safe side).

If you can't change them to match exactly, then you need to 301 redirect the pages on the old site to the corresponding pages on the new one.

Once you have done all of that, probably best to submit a site map to google via WMT, depending on how complex the site is.

Also, point a few decent links at the home page for good measure, and if you are using WMT then you can also use the fetch as googlebot function.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Can't you just setup 301 for the old ranked pages and point them to your new pages, if you can't copy the URL 100% exactly in Joomla?
  • I did this years ago, it took over a year later for Google to stop indexing the old Joomla URLs, even though they were 301'd, as they kept on popping up as dead URLs in Webmaster Tools.

If you can, go back to Joomla and forget about WordPress, old build the WordPress site separately and when it's ready to go live make sure that all of the pages from Joomla are being 301'd towards the new site (as mentioned by other posters above). Joomla is more flexible than WordPress anyway, if you just take a little time to learn it.

• Thank you my friends , i have my joomla website backup , i am using now 404 redirect plugin in wordpress and my site mao in WMT is indexing , from last days i think my website is comming back to first ranks .

but i think i should wait a week or 2 week . but if i dont get good results , there is not any problem is i restore my joomla backup ?

my ranks will back ?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited October 2013
    How is Joomla any more/less flexible than Wordpress? They are o/s so can be adjusted. Really gets my goat when people still think Wordpress is only good for blogging. There are loads more plugins and themes for WP. Joomla is a poor offering compared to Wordpress.
  • In my personal opinion and experience, you're limited to whatever theme you use in WordPress. Yes, there is flexibility within that theme but if you choose a good theme with a developer that has no clue about SEO then there are always going to be bugs, and let's face it, there are very very few WP theme developers that know how to rank a site. Plus you need to add plugin after plugin and that inevitably slows down the site, opens up more chances of bugs, hackers and viruses. FWIW, I use WordPress more often than Joomla, just because I've got a good set up and a good theme that works for what I want it to.
  • working with joomla is really hard for a person that just worked with wordpress ,spunko2010 i saying good , you can make big website;s with wordpress and manage it easy  !!!

working with joomla need time to learn it .
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Wordpress is far and away the best platform i know of when it comes to ranking a site.

Use ANY theme and you will get good rankings with good on-page seo, some choice plugins and backlinks.