Skip to content

Reverting from v2.17 back to older

Hello,

How do I go by reverting from a new update back to an older version of GSA Captcha Breaker? I recently updated to the newest version and noticed that the developers added a username/password option to SpamVilla's captcha option. The problem is I also have access to my own OCR that I've been using on this same option which was working perfectly prior to the latest update. Is it possible to add an option to remove the username/password from being used or possible to put another API service that used the old version of the protocol? I'm unable to use my OCR on this newer version of CB.

Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well you still have the previous version linked to start menu. But maybe you should consider using a more generic api for your custom OCR.
  • I can use the old version from the start menu?

Also, I don't have the ability to develop the API since I purchased everything as-is. It uses the same API as SpamVilla's but w/o the username and password option being passed to the OCR server. Is it possible to add something to CB that will help me out in this situation? I'd hate to spend a monthly fee on a service when I already have a working recaptcha OCR.
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @sven - v2.17 keeps prompting me to restart - continue or close application
    @londonseo than send a bugrepot.
    @bivkk Yes I can try to add the old api as well.
  • @Sven, thank you. Can this change also be made to GSA SER?
    Yea maybe.
  • @Sven, I just checked out the newest update and tested it out but I received this error:

I added in my IP and multiple ports
    IP:port1,port2,port3,port4,port5

I tried it using a single IP and port but it's still generating that error. I checked the activity in the OCR and it doesn't seem to be receiving anything from CB.

Also, I'd greatly appreciate it if you can add this option to the latest update of GSA SER.
    edited October 2013
    Found the issue (was just for TEST) ... made a silent update.
  • @Sven, works perfectly now on both GSA SER and CB, thanks a lot for the fast support/addition.