Skip to content

SSD VPS for use with SER?

2Take22Take2 UK
edited October 2013 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
Hi all,

I'm looking to get another VPS and have been offered a package with an SSD storage facility as a cheaper alternative to HDD.

The model is 4GB Ram, 25GB SSD (C Drive) and then a 75GB expandable (D Drive) for extra storage, at something like $7 per 100GB.

It comes with a 1Gbps dedicated line, 9.6 ghz processor, unlimited bandwidth,  and will cost approx. $25 per month (with a decent provider, who's service is very good).

Is this a fair deal, and will I have any problems running SER with this set up?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    It looks like a good deal to me, the hard drive could be bigger i guess but probably you won't need to store much on there?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Definitely seems like a more than fair price. Might want to make sure they allow link building tools if you haven't asked already.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the advice Fellas.

@gooner- The D drive is expandable, so i can just keep adding to it as need be.

@s4ant0s - Yes they also allow tools, so happy days.

Do either of you know if there would be anything specific that I would need to do with regards to the set up of SER, apart from altering the file paths that it uses to save the submission lists data?

Also, how would it compare performance wise to a similar spec package using HDD storage?

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    @2take2 - Just change file paths (although if you are changing from VPS to VPS they will probably be the same). Import projects and options backups. Also copy SER/CB data from appdata/roaming and program files.

With regards performance the SSD should be faster but i doubt there will be any noticeable difference in SER performance, but i could be wrong :)