Skip to content

Small bug 6.79 -- duplicating project

After implementing the new Article Tab I have an error when try to duplicate a project: the article(s) doesn`t fill the data tab into the project duplicated (the new one), I need to re-enter them manualy.
Tagged:

Comments

• +1 on this issue. We encountered the same.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    fixed in next version sorry
  • Thanks!
  • Another minor bug: I usualy autofill with many kontent machine ready files, now with filling the first components have a prefix #KM0 which one REMAINS into the submitted articles.
    #KM0 is in the article!?
  • I`ve founded it as an ANCHOR (in that project I checked "use the keywords as anchor text". TBH, not sure about the articles after posting, but in the preview it`s there on the top of the first article.
  • Hm.. the WORST: I use the macro "spinfolder" for the articles - I use folders with 30-50 spinned articles. So after the update into the new Article tab I have ..a single article, instead of the macro! More - seems it`s not possible anymore to use the Macros even for the new projects, or for editing (or I can`t find out how)
    Nothing changed...you can still use the macro on a single article.
  • Yep.. but all old projects have reduced the articles from 30-50 to a single one. Will be hard work to reenter details for hundred of projects.
    Anyway, thank You for Your hard work to improve that amazing tool!
    NO! You don't have to change anything...article can stay in as they are.
  • Will it be confusing for SER if we check "prevent to post same article per acount" using spinfolder macro?

For macros like %spinfolder% or #file_links the program counts each article as a new one. So whenever you use that macro in the article content, it is seen as a new one. This however could produce duplicates is the same article file is taken. So I recommend you to import the articles in the GUI instead.
  • edited October 2013
    Quick info: The default placeholder for the summary is missing an "h"

This is how it looks by default:
    %first_paragrap-article%

Just in case anyone missed that and is wondering why his summaries look respectively wrong.
    thanks, just realized this stupid bug.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    edited October 2013

What was the outcome with this Sven?

I have rather a lot of articles that show %first_paragrap-article% when you preview test projects

At a guess, well over 1000 articles are affected by this, spread over every tier

Is it a case of delete them all and start again from scratch, or did you work your magic to resolve the issue

hmm use notepad++ and do a search + replace in files

Can you give more insight into what and how to use notepad++ on?

What files etc to look at

I have never used it in all honesty and have no idea where to even start

I just assumed that when the problem was pointed out to you initially, you would have added a new macro to cure the problem

I was surprised to find the problem still there and that's why I asked the question

I didn't auto correct this as most engines do not use the article-summary anyway. I don't have notepad++ but only PsPAD.

In that you choose search+ replace in files and do the input there...done.

• donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    Sorry didn't get that.. do we all have to edit something in notepad++ to not to have %first_paragrap-article% instead of the summary text? ..or is it only those who use this macro manually in their article?
  • Uggh,  Dang that sucks.  I'd have to do this on over 15 Servers.  :(  Is there a faster way you know of?  Or literally only notepad ++.

LeeG,  Notepad++ you'd just have to open up Engines, you can open 20-30 at once with it,  than just do the search for %first_paragrap-article% and replace with
    %first_paragraph-article%

Than do the next 30 etc. etc. :/

There was an error with the macro

At one stage %first_paragrap-article%  was added instead of %first_paragraph-article%

Notice the missing h in the first macro

Seriously guys.. is this a joke? Why isn't it fixed with update and everyone has to do it on their own :D
    @Sven Can you please confirm if latest version 6.89 has this macro bug fixed? Afraid to start Ser till there might be bug submitting articles..
    Slow down please. This spell error in macro was added in some small part of a previous version. This bug is of course fixed but it is not fixing your already wrong added content with the spell error. I daubed many people have this at all. 
    Thanks Sven, that's what i thought and just wanted to be sure of