Skip to content

Ranked and Banked $2k in 2 months using GSA alone

Well here is the success story of one of my sites which I Spammed and banked for 2 months..yes it got ranked within 2 months for around 700+ keywords and 200+ long tails bringing me traffic per day

Here is the traffic screenshot and do note the site was tanked by Penguin 2.1(It deserved since I built around 100k links to domain..lol)

Will be doing it all over again..

Comments

• wow, its a new domain ? there is not chance right?
  • How many links were you creating everyday @hoolak???

Thanks.
  • Same story here, i had about 30 sites and they all get penalized without exceptions. I used a mix of brand new domains and expired ones, and i ranked them with SER alone.
    I built about 2k links for each sites in T1, a lot more in lower tiers.

Screenshot from Piwik of my best one :

• @Hoolak - The big question is will you be able to do it again with SER. Or will Penquin 2.1 continue to block future efforts. Please follow up in another few months and let us know.
  • Yes it was a march 2013 registered domain so you can call it new as I started working on it in August

I build tons of links until I started seeing some pages ranked..Nothing like drip feed but I focussed on dofollow

@Mike yes I am trying it again on new domain and I think it should work well again. This time I will try to get few quality dofollow high pr links ..Just a change in strategy since now few links are considered more links
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited October 2013
    Well, success varies. I am banking 3x what I used to 1-2 months ago, my earnings have gone since 2.1 and I'm very happy.  Just dust yourself off and do a new site, only takes a couple hours. Next update I may get spanked hard and you may take my place...

it sounds like you are making the same mistake as many who got hit, doing the same thing on all sites. Variation is the spice of life ;)

And remember to thank @sven as I do daily  ^:)^
  • @spunko2010 Agree with you but I didnt understand the last sentence

"it sounds like you are making the same mistake as many who got hit, doing the same thing on all sites. Variation is the spice of life"

Mind explaining? :)
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    edited October 2013

but mine site dropped after update in august and since then I can't get any good rankings. 

Great results, nice money and good motivation, I have some questions, here you go:

1. What kind of platforms you use at most ? 
    2. Do you use serengines addon ? 
    3. How big was your site? I mean a few pages with some content or rather a lot of articles,pages, posts ?
    4. What kind of content you used for tiers ? Generated by automated software or handwritten and manually spinned ?
    5. Have you been ranking posts or pages? 
    6. Have you been using silos structure or any interlinking ?
    7. Have you been using any social signals ?
    8. EMD or completely no kw in domain name ? 

Sorry if some of my questions are to personal but I thought you maybe don't mind answering them as you probably started this thread to talk about churn and burn strategy :P

"it sounds like you are making the same mistake as many who got hit, doing the same thing on all sites. Variation is the spice of life"

Mind explaining? 

I think he means that you should avoid putting all your eggs into one basket and use different methods on various sites to decrease the chance to loose all rankings after next google's update
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @hoolak Yes that is what I mean. If you have multiple sites, it doesn't make sense (to me) to do the exact same thing on all of them, as you just increase the risk of them all getting slapped when/if Google takes down that method.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Very true and how will you know what methods are best if you only use the same method over and over.