Skip to content

Unwanted text+url inserted after all of my anchor links, how do I disable this?

edited October 2013 in Need Help
I have SER set to insert the anchor links contextually in my articles. But the problem is that it does not just add a link, it also inserts plaint text like this directly after the link: "kindly visit http www youtube.com/watch?v=PJpj89HIXBk". (sometimes with the youtube video ID, sometimes without).

That youtube url  is the link I'm backlinking to, I also have it set to my anchor 40% of the time.

Why is this happening and how do I prevent this from happening? I really really do not want this as it's a huge footprint - an easily identifiable pattern, the url 2 times in every article, once hyperlinked, and directly after it again in plain text.

Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edit auto_anchor*.dat files.
  • edited October 2013
    Is that the file that inserts the hyperlink AND the plain text link or just the plain text link?

Not sure what I should remove, everything or everything except "<a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>".

Nevermind i see it now

• JP999

"Nevermind i see it now"....., Yes, but can you tell the community how you did it incase we have the same problem?

Sven
    "edit auto_anchor*.dat files"....., Yes, and do what??????

• edited October 2013
    Ok, theres text text around the anchor right, it goes like this:

bla bla bla bla anchor link, kindly look here: plain text url

so if you only want the anchor link remove everything else. but the anchor is not placed in the middle of a sentence that way, so...

a better solution might be to spintax re-write the text around the anchor into something that is more relevant to your keywords/not generic. or if you like the default spintax but just want to remove that plain text link at the end then do that.

There's also auto_anchor-article.dat by the way, that's the one i had to edit for this particular case
  • Thank you...