Skip to content

Penguin 2.1 Data Correlation

I posted this on another thread, but I thought it would make sense to start a new one.

Would it make sense to collect some basic data and try to correlate why some sites got hit, and some didn't? For example, did certain types of links, PRs, Anchor %, Content Sources, Web 2.0s, etc. trigger it? 

If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to do it off-line. It's not something we would want to publish. I'd put together a spreadsheet and get it back to all involved (with conclusions) in a couple of days. I'm really good with crunching numbers in excel. We wouldn't be collecting deep, dark secrets, just basic settings on your campaigns. I won't ask for URLs, KWs, or anything that would identify your sites. If we could get a decent amount of responses, it could really help all of us going forward. I will only distribute findings to those that participate. 

If you are interested, PM me, and I will get it organized. If you are concerned about me working for the enemy, I can give you my personal info offline. 

If you think this is a bad idea, feel free to flame me

I think we should collect:
Domain age
Pages on Domain
Words on page
Platforms used
Minimum Pagerank
Anchor text ratios
Tiers

I am open to suggestions on other fields. We need to get sites that were hit, and weren't hit, so that we have a frame of reference. I can prepare a spreadsheet and distribute it to anyone interested.
Tagged:

Comments

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Ok, I will offer it, as long as I can be sure that it won't lead my sites to being identified (none were hit). Please PM me more info.
  • nawshalenawshale Sales & Tech Support at www.SERVerifiedLists.com
    Good idea buddy...
  • Nawshale-does that mean you are in?
  • If so, we are up to 4 including me.
  • I have some examples that I think are "interesting". These are not necessarily mine or ranked via SER - although some are. I would be willing to share if you are interested in them.
  • I'm also in.
  • nawshalenawshale Sales & Tech Support at www.SERVerifiedLists.com
    Satans_Apprentice Yes! Im in

Samx : Love to know..Can you share with us

• I will send out a spreadsheet next week
  • All: Can you please make suggestions on what fields to collect? Data needs to be simple: A. Answer with a yes or no: ex: blog comments (y) B. Answer with a number. Ex: minimum Pagerank (3) C. Answer with a stock answer ex: content source: (hand spun, kontent machine, etc.)
  • All:

I have the spreadsheet ready. Please send me a PM with an email address if you are interested.
  • why you dont share it here
  • how would i do that?
  • u/l to a file sharing service and post a link
  • Google is likely trolling this site. I'd rather not have them have any inkling about what we are doing.
  • good point and i have pmed you my mail id :)
  • Last Call - I will be emailing out the spreadsheet by 6 PM EST. Submissions are due by Sunday October 20 2013. If you wish to participate, please PM me your email address. 

If you have been consistent in running your campaigns, the spreadsheet should be pretty quick - you can copy/paste.

The forum doesn't have an attachment function, and I don't want to post a link. Google is probably trolling this site.

Thank you to everyone participating! The data we get back should be extremely helpful going forward. 
  • Any updates?
  • I didnt get enough data to warrant the analysis. I had 3 people send me data.