Skip to content

How to set up GSA SER on a VPS

Hey guys,
I just bought your software GSA SER and I am just learning that it is a good idea to run SER on a VPS. I am planning to use one of the ones you recommend, but apart from hiring the service, is there anything else I have to do? How do I install the program on the VPS? Does the hosting company do it for me?
Thanks,
Julio
Tagged:

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    If you get a windows VPS you install just the same as if it were your Windows PC :)
  • edited October 2013
    Hey, thanks for your response. So I should specifically request a VPS server running Windows, then. I have never used one with windows on it. No special commands to enter? Should I see the screen as if I had a Windows computer in front of me, like my desktop? Thanks again!
    Yes exactly, request a Windows VPS and then you can use the remote desktop connection which comes on your Windows PC to connect to the VPS and it will look like your desktop - Just with a different version of Windows probably.
  • gooner how do we go about it license wise? If I want to uninstall GSA SER on my desktop to reinstall on new VPS?
    The license can be installed on multiple machines, but you should only run it on one machine at any one time.

• Thanks. Appreciate the info.
  • Thanks so much Gooner! I appreciate it!
    edited October 2013
    @jfoppoli
    @chris
    You're welcome.
  • By the way, if the hosting company can offer different kinds of windows servers, which one would be the best to use? 
    That i don't know, most use Windows Server 2008 as far as i know... But i'm not sure which is the best option.
  • Thanks again!!!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited October 2013
    @jfoppoli - 2008 R2 is pretty much the standard. You will typically find the setup to be very 'bare'. You might have to install browsers like Chrome, get Notepad++ on there, etc. It's not like turning on a brand new Dell PC and it looks all great. It's more like walking into a new house that has no carpeting, lol. 
  • Oh I see. Thanks so much Ron! I appreciate it!