Skip to content

GSA can't find Captcha Sniper

edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
I often log in to my VPS and see that Captcha Sniper says "0 connections" and when I test it in GSA it doesn't work. I'm pretty sure that the bug is in the Captcha Sniper itself but would you add an option to stop a project (and perhaps send me an email?) when no captcha service is available?

I feel like I'm losing tons of targets by the time I restart Captcha Sniper - does GSA retry failed targets when captcha becomes available?

Comments

• Also, where can I find the best options for GSA + Captcha Sniper? Do I need to emulate other services? What gives the best performance?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

You don't have to emulate anything in Captcha Sniper. Having it running on 127.0.0.1:80 is all you need.

Try to open it in your browser to see if it's actually listening on that port. 

• I'm still waiting for it to happen again.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Sort of related but I sometimes see 'captcha service not responding'. Does this refer to CB or the CAPTCHA on the site @Sven?
    The log message says "captch service" ... so it's CB or whatever you use. And not responding means also no response with a valid result.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Thanks. How can I stop this from occurring...? Is it too much CPU being used by SER?
    You can't I think it's CB not able to solve certain captchas ... so no reply and SER tells you that.
  • @sven I'm also having the same problem. It seems to solve a few Captchas and then the program itself freezes, andGSA says 'Captcha serving not responding'. I entered '127.0.0.1:80' in my Google Chrome browser and it doesn't load, so I guess that's the problem. Do I need to make an exception in my firewall or something?
    SER doesn't use the webserver from CB. So thats not an issue.