Skip to content

What exactly are GSA SER FootPrints and Why Shall I use it?

Can someone tell me what exactly are this considered " footprints" for GSA

Thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited October 2013
    Footprints are used to scrape websites where we can potentially leave our backlinks.

For example, if you were to go to Google and type in "powered by wordpress" it might bring up a bunch of results (wordpress sites).

In SER there are 100's of platforms (wordpress, xpressengine, vbulletin, etc. etc.)

Each platform has its own unique footprints that SER uses to find these type of websites.

This is why some people will use powerful scraping tools such as Scrapebox or Gscraper to scrape platforms and feed them into SER. By doing this you're giving it more potential sites to leave your backlink on also reducing the amount of work SER has to do. Instead of it having to scrape the search engines, detect the engine and post it can just detect the engine and post. (if you disable SE scraping)

Creating your own footprints is the way to go but that's another tutorial in itself and I'm sure loopline has a video about all of this somewhere on youtube.

If you want to learn about scraping you should check out tutorial videos on Scrapebox.

You can find the footprints SER currently uses by clicking the global options button > advanced tab > tools button > search online for URL's > add predefined footprints.

• Alright, Thanks