Skip to content

Scheduler improvements

edited October 2012 in Feature Requests
I just found out today about the "Scheduler" update. While this does add some functionality, a more robust scheduler would be nice.

For me, I have a website that I am creating multiple projects for over 50 internal pages. For several reasons, I really don't want all these running at one time. It would be nice to be able to schedule projects at least at the group level. While I want only some of these running at a time, many other groups that I have contain projects that I want to be running at the same time. This cannot be done with the current scheduler.

I can see where this type of flexibility would be beneficial for anyone that may be running many projects over several groups - either because they have many sites of their own or they are doing promotions for clients.

And while I am asking, in addition to this, I think the scheduling should either include (or interface with) the number of links limit that is on the project. In my case, where I have a large number of projects, I would like to run 10 of them until they get 20 verified links in a day, and then start 10 more (or start one new one each time one reaches this limit). The number verified (or submitted if that is chosen) should be maintained even when SER is stopped or the project (or schedule - when implemented) is stopped. Right now, the only thing close to this is # links for # of minutes. But this is reset when the project is changed or SER is stopped and restarted.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Might be useful for you as I can see it but right now I can't think of a simple interface for people to control this. Has to wait until I find something that is easy to use and not confuse people more.
  • Yeah...I knew that would be the hardest part of it. If you could add something like you have now, but just at the group level, I think that would work. (And then the part about # of links...it does get more confusing!)

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What if the scheduler had the option to select a few groups/projects that always run and anything that's not ticked here (like the tier 2, where you can select the tier 1 project by ticking the box), will get scheduled. 

So like:
    Current Schedule Layout
    Always Run These Projects:
    (Tick Box)
  • @GlobalGoogler: That would be some improvement, but I think if Sven goes to the trouble of improving the schduler, it should be more than just something like this.