Skip to content

loss a lot of links in tier 2, 3

edited October 2013 in Need Help
Lost almost all of my links oven night in my tiers 2.3  and there were thousands . Anyone experiencing something similar ?
Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Yeah, I think something up, I have a tier 2 with 190 submitted, 1 verified. Another with 49 submitted, 1 verified. Then a Tier 3 with 2663 submitted, 2 verified. Pretty sure it wasn't that bad before this.

I think I read something about some changes to link verifying in 6.69.. maybe that has something to do with this.

I updated straight from 6.68 to 6.71 so I hoped this wouldn't occur.
  • I don't see any update at the moment . Hopefully links are there , jest doesn't show . Don't believe that they can be deleted at that speed on every level . 
  • it happened only to one of my project 
  • edited October 2013

Happened on a few of my projects on different computers. One now showing just 19 verified where as before it was over 4000, another went from over 1000 to just 8, another from over 2000 to just 8 (and a few others).

Seems like it was just 2nd tier / 3rd tier projects though and I updated from 6.68 to 7.71 too

[Edit] Seems like the removed URLs are not being moved to the 'failed re-verification' list either, can anyone else confirm?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Yes, same issue for me.

200 on T1
    1 on T2
    0 on T3

:o
    Dunno if related but when I go to right click >  Verify  Links option it doesnt prompt me to remove the dead/red links. Does it automatically.
  • YES here too most T backlinks missing
    but I THINK it must have to do with  recent "bug fix" or changes made by @sven = may be a new bud?

a very few days ago all was normal

I use same type of quality sites for my T as for projects
    count / RE-verification for projects look correct BUT RE-verifiation count for T about 10% of what they were a few days back
  • Same here, nearly all tier verifieds disappeared, both the numbers in the 'verified' column, and on 'show urls'.

Got a backup from yesterday where the numbers still look pretty low, but not a whole column of zeroes...

• no issues on my side.. and normally i have them all :D
    Hopefully @Sven will be along shortly to explain :D
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Yep my verifieds disappeared too, 6000 lost - Could of been worse i guess!
  • I have stopped SER completely until bug hopefully fixed by @sven
    several thousand verified lost

I check all possible ways and no way to see / recover the lost URLs that were good until last re-verification about 2 days ago (before the last several upgrades / fixes yesterday

also one other issue with counts (since longer)  is:

in the main menu to number of submitted is much smaller = about 10-20% of the "submitted" than the projects "verified" count

expl one project:

submitted = 818
    verified = 2426

that is valid for all, projects AND T
    may be entire counting process something wrong
  • I'm using the downtime to import some large lists until Sven gets to the bottom of it.
  • :)

I do the very same
    I use downtime to create more large lists using SB

to import I wait just in case the current bug does something bad to imported list ...
    may be sven unaware of bug as THIS thread NOT in bug section and OP not pinging sven ....

may be sven enjoying oktoberfest in Munich :) while we all  down
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Found the issue and fixed it in 6.72 (up in some minutes).
  • thanks sven!
  • Am I right in assuming those lost links aren't recoverable then?
  • edited October 2013
    @sven

I just ran SER to re-verify my 3 T1 (that's about 50 mins)
    and ALL of the thousands of lost links are still missing  ...

how to recover the lost links ?

a restore of the last backup (made before your first upgrade yesterday will miss the few thousand links made yesterday after upgrades made

hence a loss either way until there is a way to recover the lost links based on logs or what ever files

now all submissions stopped until all fixed

• Thanks Sven - that's dedication doing bug squashing on Tag der Deutschen Einheit :)
    Import the *.reverify_failed file into the project.
  • were can i find this file ? 
  • @sven sorry for have to ask for more clarification, but what do we import them as? Target urls? There are a bunch of different importing options and I'm not sure which these links fall under.
  • edited October 2013
    i am also lost lot of links on t2/t3, actually all links except T1. In my case it was error message (when gsa was runned) "gsa have some error", select what you want to do - "continue, stop, exit, report to sven".
    I selected continue and it closes after long time. Later after rerun, I have found what all my T2/T2J, T3/T3J, T4/T4J is empty (they was runned when gsa crashed)!
  • edited October 2013
    @sven
    please more precise description of procedure what, where, how to do to rescue the situation

with your above few words
    I went to projects

all done on stopped system /shut down
    then restarted again

emptied  *.reverify_failed" file for each Tier
    pasted the content (the project file .prj has NO URLs) into the "success" file
    that was the only file that made somehow sense

then started SER again
    one of the T had increased count almost correct

started verification / reverification

the re-verification ran ONLY on OLD numbers
    i.e.
    xxx/182 re-verification ...
    instead the full number which should be like

xxx /2979 re-verification ...

also another damage left:
    ALL statistic data lost for Tiers, graphic output based on damaged data = near zero for past weeks

tested also on another T
    same

all 3 T wrong data / numbers / statistics-graph

edited October 2013

Well the reverify_failed file contains only the backlink URLs, no extra data. So it might be a bit difficult to recover its content. I will have to optimize the "Show verified URLs->right click->import verified urls" function a bit to have this working for tiers.

v6.73 will properly reverify imported links and recover all the data.

• edited October 2013
    @sven
    ok

1. does that mean the numbers in our current case are LOST ?

2. where and how to which file do we have to add the URLs found in ".reverify_failed"
    to the success file or ???

3 if so direct in our projects folder or in the GUI ??

4. OR do we have to re-import and resubmit all again ?

currently SER still stopped until all clear, for now it looks all badly damaged

1. nothing is lost, just the date

2. show verified urls->right click->import verified urls->choose reverified_failed file + reverify

3. see 2.

4. see 2

• it restore links with incorrect urls
    like post url 

and display link url http://www.something.com