Skip to content

Using SER for non-Engish site but with English spun text

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited October 2013 in Need Help
Hi all. I have setup a German language version of my website on a .de domain and added it to GWT where it's detected it's a site for Germany. Setup fake social stuff in German, etc. All good.

Now onto SEO. Is it possible to use ACW (which is English only) to generate spun articles, and use that on T1 pointing to the German website? If the anchor text is in German then would this not be an issue? So something like:

''Here is some English spun text {Deutsch Anchor-Text hier} and here is some more English text''

I have about managed to get Scrapebox to scrape for German KWs.

I can't find any other possible way to do it since there are no article spinners that support German. Can anyone advise if this has worked for them?

Comments

• Have you tried spinning the article in English and then using google translate tool on the spintax?

You may need to tidy it up a bit after, but I just tried it with an English spintax translated into Spanish, and the spun output from the Spanish spintax reads surprisingly well.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

It just looks unnatural in my eyes. But indeed it's a real problem as no German spinners or Content creations are available (at least none Im aware of). Using the #trans #notrans macro might be an option but it is also very unnatural reading.

Maybe write: "Here is some spun english text or as Germans would say <anchor trext>."

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited October 2013
    @2Take2 I just tried it, it messed with the parenthesis / formatting quite a lot. Am I doing something wrong?

EG:

{Two {Things|Issues|Items|Factors} To {Consider|Think about|Contemplate|Take into account} When {Looking|Searching|Seeking|Hunting} For A Netflix Uk Vpn|Alternative {Uses|Utilizes|Makes use of} For Itunes}

to:

{ Zwei Highlights | Fragen | Items | Factors } bis { Betrachten | Denken | Erwägen | Berücksichtigen } Wenn { Suchen | Suchen | Suche | Jagd } für ein Netflix Uk Vpn | Alternative { Uses | Nutzt | Marken } verwenden Für Itunes}

There should be a { after 'Zwei' for example...
    edited October 2013
    @Sven I can try your suggestion about 'as Germans would say' however I would be keen to hear any results of doing this, if anyone has tried. I am not convinced Google will fall for it. Maybe if I add a German/Austria country filter too for T1.

BTW, have you considered adding a 'Only post to websites in XXX Language' option? It could easily work by detecting utf-8 tags etc. Then I can post to German .coms etc. Much more natural.
    edited October 2013
    Argh... Got the dreaded Google CAPTCHA after doing just 1 translation (above). Looks like they might be logging for spuntext on their translation service.
  • scrapebox can translate many files
    @bigo do you mean translate the spintax?
  • I use WAC for Content Building with Sentences and paragraph but without word spinning. Wac has 1 file for 26 Datas. This is to much information for google translation or bing translation. Bing stop translation after 10.000 words. so i split first the file in 36 little files with the free tool TEXTWEDGE. Then i take the small files in one foulder. Now i give scrapebox this foulder for translation. After some seconds i make german word spinning with scrapebox (upload free openthesaurus file with some changes). Now you have 36 files with german spinning but it is an very crazy text. To make 36 files to one file i take the free tool TXTcollector. It takes some time to translate a project, but i dont find a better way to do this.

I have translate over 1.000 files with Scrapebox and 30 proxies from buyproxies.org and it works for translation.

I have a low LpM when i want to post on german language page with !.de,!.ch,!.at
  • @bigo, interesting technique - You've just gotta love Scrape Box!

@spunko2010, You're probably not doing anything wrong, it messed with the formatting a bit on my test article too.

• edited October 2013
    I tried generating crappy english content using WAC with danish anchor text to rank a blogspot a few months ago. Had done a quick and rather horrible senuke blast to it and then forgotten all about it, but it's still ranking surprisingly well. It's in top 5 on bing and yahoo for 3 keywords and page 2+ in google for the same keywords though it was rather soft competition.

But my suggestion for you is to either try testing the easy route as the one I took first with a cheap throw away domain or else manual spin your data fields if you are a native speaker. Manual spinning always seems like the best option to me no matter the language for your valuable tier 1s.
  • spunko2010 you can use english texts for your german sites, as long it is not intended for you money site directly.
    edited October 2013
    Well I may create custom T1s manually / SEREngines only and make sure they are in German. Weighing up the options. Trying to figure out how to translate with Scrapebox isn't easy
  • MrXMrX Germany
    Just make sure you are using german content on tier 1. For all the other tiers it doesnt really mather.
    I am doing:
    Tier 1 -> unique handwritten + spun with handwritten thesaurus
  • edited October 2013
    this is what i am doing for lower tiers:
    1. scrape articles with the premium plugin from scrapebox (scrapebox article scraper) for english keywords
    2. add them in acw as local articles and let acw build 1000 english plain articles (acw online scrape + saved articles), i also use the api of chimp rewriter to spin it on word level (all with acw)
    3. translate the 1000 articles with scrapebox article scraper (bing api). now i have 1000 unique german articles i can use in acw and spin them on sentence level.
    these articles are not realy readable but they are very unique;-)
    @d3ad how do you get round Bing's limit of I think 1000 words?