Skip to content

Global Site Lists

Can someone please explain how this works? Is this different than a target URL list? Should it be activated? If so, what options?

Comments

• Global sites list is the lists that are generated by SER as it tries to post links

Identified = Sites that SER has found a match for and might be able to post a link to
    Submitted = Sites that have had a link posted
    Verified = Sites where the submitted link has been found
    Failed = Sites where the link couldn't be verified

• Thanks. The site list is built by GSA, but what happens when I import a target list? How does that affect the site list?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    SER will process your imported list and add those urls to one of the above lists that @davbel mentioned.

For example, those that are successfully verified will go to your verified list.
  • ronron SERLists.com

With respect to your 3rd & 4th questions, I wouldn't even ponder turning on a site list until I had at least 3 months of linkbuilding under your belt. Otherwise you don't have a list worth anything.

As to whether you should use it, some do and many don't. I found that SER makes me plenty of new links, so I avoid using sitelists altogether. I keep my sitelists for a rainy day. Probably for a blast to churn and burns.   

• re your "... what happens when I import a target list ..."

2 methods to import target lists
    1. in options > advanced > tools > import ... this adds the targets to the global list and makes it available to all projects / Tiers
    2. in main window, right click project or Tier > import URLs = that makes your list instantly available to the selected project and after use stores in proper folder of the global site list

a global site list can be built by newbies by downloading site lists online > options > advanced > tools > search online for site lists = gets SER lists from pastebin

at least for newbies a viable options

select ONE group of list at a time else if you select many or all, you may find yourself several DAYS downloading

if SER crashes all download interrupted and to restart from scratch

and

dis-regard the upper progress bar = it appears near end and still may continue for a full day and bring several tten thousand new URLs

Above on regular ISP connection with normally max less than 1MBs

on faster connections things may go faster of course