Skip to content

Where to Effectively Use Sitelists

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited October 2012 in Need Help
I have read up about site lists and how to use them and their various features, but it seems that a few aspects are still not quite clear to me. 

From a best practice point of view, it makes the most sense to only enable sitelists on:
1) Article Directories
2) General Directories
3) Other platforms that do NOT target your money site.

The reasons are:
1) GSA will find the correct category here, so it will be in your niche/category. No need to make GSA search and use resources finding these. 
2) GSA will find the correct category here, so it will be in your niche/category. No need to make GSA search and use resources finding these. 
3) If you need quick links, this is the best to enable. If you enable this, the sitelists are not project specific so you will get a range of unrelated websites pointing to your site. Fine if it's not the money site, but could be very risky if it is. 

These are the questions I have:
1) Is my logic above sound or am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• sitelist means importing your own site's list?

I havent done that..I dont post much [and dont expect more] for AD..I have other tools that do better job at posting to article directories..I use GSA mainly for incontext links [all web2 sites, dolphin, jcow and other platform]...for that reason I just let GSA find the best sites on its own.

even without sitelist GSA runs very fast..for each new campaign I don't enable globallist..so GSA not only work to post my links on various platforms, it also collect new domains to add to my already bigger globallist..
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Using site lists is just a problem if you want to have your URL listed on keyword related websites.

And thats usually only the case from engines that make use of your keywords to locate new target sites. Everything else can be safely used with site lists. And I know most people don't care even if the Blog is related to the keyword or not so it wouldn't matter for them at all.