Skip to content

Discussing VPN, Proxies to work with GSA

bloupbloupbloupbloup Spain
edited September 2013 in Need Help
Hi,
The VPN provider "hidemyass" just terminated my account. I guess it is due to my use of GSA behind hidemyass VPNs as it was the only thing i used to do with VPN. Bottom line, the hidemyass application is very bad. It can block GSA search engine ranker & index even if the hidemyass application isn't logged in.

Now i have the public proxies from GSA. It looks like it is working well. 

I am concerned my data is sent in clear. I hope i will not have problems with my ISP. Did anyone use a proxy for let's years in clear data without getting any problems with their ISP?

Do you use the public proxies of GSA? private proxies? a VPN service?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

If you use public proxies you have to take note of two things...

1. Make sure you check the proxies for anonymous
    2. Many many public proxies are set up and run by institutions who spy on everything going through the proxies. Usually this is not a problem in SEO business but it's definitely not a good feeling seeing all your data in the hands of a "floppy hat" (if thats the right word).
  • Thank you Sven, I just tick  "check for anonymous" and "remove none anonymous proxies".

Personally i use both private and public proxies. I joined proxy-hub and i use those semi dedicated proxies for search engine, PR checking and Verification.
    I use public proxies for submission. 

I do so, because i think it speed up the process of finding new links. 

On top of that i use strongVPN with a pptp connection. I chose the pptp connection because it is the fastest protocole.

In conclusion:

I use public proxies for submission because if someone complains it will not come back to me.
    I use private proxies for PR checking, verification, Search engine because i don't want to have my IP blocked for ever by sites and search engines.
    I use a VPN to hide the numerous access to many different websites to my ISP. 
  • For your information, i have decided to switch to a VPS. I don't use VPN anymore. So now, if the VPS is taken down i don't care because it is not my internet connection. I use the VPS since 4 months and i can only see benefits of it. I also use Semi private proxies in front of my VPS because i have more verified links at the end of the day with semi private proxies. 
  • What are the proper settings for GSA Email Verifier when using "Hide My Ass" VPN? Is it as simple as connecting to the VPN and running with the default settings? Or should I tweak the settings for better results?