Skip to content

Bug in schedular mode

LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

This has been in ser for a couple of releases

With ser running in scheduler mode (10 projects every 30 minutes)

If you edit projects while ser is running, two things happen

The number of projects running increases from the ten set and as a result, memory usage increases

After a while, you have to stop ser to finish making any project edits

Even adding new engines to projects serengins release will cause the problem, just by editing projects and adding the extra ticks

Comments

• weird... i have 10 projects and 20 mins... never have any issue editing my projects while SER is running..
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    found one issue here but I can't imagine it would have caused the describes issue. @LeeG let me know if next version fixes it for you.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Just tried todays release, half way through adding the new engine from ser engines to my t1's and Im up to 27 projects showing green, instead of ten which it should be

Its only when you make project edits, this happens

Random projects become live, not just the ones your editing

And you are sure you do not click on the status column?

I always click close to the project name, which is well away from the active column

I have just finished doing the t1 edits, ended up with 41 projects showing green

This time I never went over the 2gig of ram being used

I will watch to see if the active projects returns to ten, over the coming hours

With the latest release, Im finding ser is hanging a lot

This is the error message

Description:    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Problem signature:    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: Search_Engine_Ranker.exe Application Version: 6.6.8.0 Application Timestamp: 2a425e19 Hang Signature: e6b8 Hang Type: 0 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Hang Signature 1: e6b8afb7e747ee153a2be326df7074f5 Additional Hang Signature 2: e971 Additional Hang Signature 3: e9713aa62b250c7fd496ace617669ec5 Additional Hang Signature 4: e6b8 Additional Hang Signature 5: e6b8afb7e747ee153a2be326df7074f5 Additional Hang Signature 6: e971 Additional Hang Signature 7: e9713aa62b250c7fd496ace617669ec5 Read our privacy statement online:    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409  If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Hmm hard to investigate this one.
  • Hey guys. Awesome info in this forum. Same thing has been happening to me if I use scheduler with 10 projects every 20 min and then I change num of threads. I am using like 115 threads and changed from 105 to 115. It goes good after some hours, but then after a while, some of the projects do not get paused and stay on and suddenly I get like lot of projects going on and get this out of memory message. This has happened even if I do not change anything after setting scheduler.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited October 2013
    This happens to me too, i didn't edit any project as per LeeG.
    I did change number of threads so i'm not sure if that prompted the increase in active projects.
    6.74 fixes it.

Looked good when I checked my vps earlier

Memory usage was stable and ser was running spot on

Now I need to find more bits in ser to break, but not until Monday to give Sven a chance to recover from this one :D

• Awesome...