Skip to content

Switched VPS, Where Are My Projects?

Hi all, I'm fearing the worst here after searching, but here goes anyway:

Changed vps, saved everything in the gsa folder, and installed gsa on the new vps, along with everything else in the folder. However, projects column is now empty - any way that the projects are saved somewhere in the folder? If so, how do I retrieve them so I can carry on where I left off?

Comments

• Ugh, seems I've lost all my submitted/verified lists also?

I no longer have access to the old vps...
  • I *may* be able to get back into the old vps - I deleted everything on there, and emptied the recycle bin, would my projects/verified sites etc be in my user folder? If so, what path? (windows 2008 thingo)
  • ronron SERLists.com

Projects folder is at:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\

It is a good idea to back that thing up every time you add new websites and projects. That file over time gets big (like over 1 Gb), so Dropbox that thing to your home PC.

• Thanks Ron, all is not quite lost yet then, if I can get access back on that vps :-) Does that folder also contain my subbed/verified urls?

I assume copy/paste to same path, and that is 'job done'?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    There are all sorts of files in there, but you also save verified/submitted files in the General Options tab in Advanced - and you specify the path where those are saved. So the ideal backup has the projects folder plus those second set of files I just mentioned. 
  • gotcha, ok thanks Ron, you saved my neighbour's cat ;-) Really appreciate your help, and with some luck I'll be able to get it all sorted - thanks again :-)