Skip to content

Question Regarding Question/Answer Feature

edited October 2012 in Need Help
What exactly is this new feature about >>>> ability to import questions/answers from textcaptcha.txt  AND  added over 3000 new questions/answers.

I take it, this has something to do with answering questions from the forum profiles module? I couldn't fin the textcaptcha.txt anywhere. Where is it located?

With soooo many new featues coming out to GSA, some of this stuff needs a bit more clarification. Keep up the great work!! :)

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited October 2012
    Check the global options > advanced > edit button at the bottom right side.

If you click that you can actually answer some of the questions that the captcha services weren't able to answer. It stores them in a database so it can answer them if they pop up again. So 3,000 of these answers were added in the latest version.

You can also send your database in so it can be added for everyone. The more of the answers we get for these type of questions, the higher the success rate we'll get.

as far as the textcaptcha.txt .. I'm not sure about that one. :P
  • So this is like an internal captcha service?

We will automatically be able to solve the 3k captchas (if we encounter them) by virtue of using the latest version, or do we still have to do something to our settings in the program?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    From my understanding there is no need to do anything. The answers are stored in the database and it was just updated with more answers so the software should handle it.

Maybe Sven will come in and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is how it works.
  • I believe Sven meant to type text_captcha.dat  that file appears to be the database file for the questions/answers. I assume you could edit that if you wanted to. it is in %appdata% GSA Search Engine Ranker
  • edited October 2012
    Wow....what a great service! I only see the questions I came across from my own personal scraped sites (52) . I take it the "3000 new question/answer database" mentioned in the upgrade notes are already downloaded when we upgrade SER? Anyone know what file those 3000 Q&As are located? text_captcha.dat?

EDIT: Ok....answered my own question. All the new Q&As are in the text_captcha.dat file. We can add more as we answer more, send them to Sven, and then he uploads the main database for others to download. WOW.......SER has seriously gotten 3X more features in the short time I have used it. It's scary!!

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the textcaptcha.txt file is from some other russian software (we all know the name, no need to mention it). You can import that into our format if you have that file somewhere (I didn't had any up to date version of that).
  • Awesome addition, Sven. We just added over 5000 new Q&A from our xR instances. 

Actually, do you think there is any way to implement an API with the internal captcha solver from xRumer for GSA? I'm not quite sure if it's possible on the technical side of things, but it'd be insane if that is possible.

@mmtj, mind sending this file to me? Anyway as I don't have this other program I can not add anything since I would not be able to test it.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Another reason why GSA is the best!
    @mmtj thanks :)