Skip to content

Using made hotmail accounts for GSA - will this affect success rates?

Whenever I use a Hotmail account for a campaign, after 30 minutes when I manually log in on a browser it gives me this message:

Your account has been temporarily blocked
Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages or done something else that violates the Microsoft services agreement.
What do you need to do?
We'll send a verification code to your phone. After you enter the code, you can sign in.

I can skip this, but then Hotmail says some of the services associated with this account will be limited until I verify it. The thing is, all my hotmail accounts have been phone verified and have its spam filter disabled. Will GSA still be able to retrieve and verify URLs even though this message appears since it gets it from the POP server?

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Why not just test it? GSA can delete the messages after it downloads/parses them.
  • How would I go about testing it? Sven, can you confirm if it still works in this case?
  • In the 'E-Mail verification' tab, select the hotmail account in question, then click Test > Selected
  • Anyone has any experience with this?
  • i get same message hotmail not work anymore  ~X(
  • Are you sure it doesnt work anymore? Can SER still retrieve the mail via POP3?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't have such an account. If SER can log in via pop3 and get emails, it should be fine. Just turn the project to verify email only and watch the log.
  • same issue here, ser won't verify the emails in this case..if you notice a larger number of submissions not verified - more than 100 - something is wrong and this seems to be the cause

any solution for this problem @Sven?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    show some logs?