Skip to content

GSA Crashes The Internet Connection

edited September 2013 in Need Help
Hey guys, I have a weird problem and I have no idea what to do.

Few days ago I tested new proxies and everything worked well, but now when I changed back to my old proxies (they are fast and working and private).. GSA pretty much crashes my internet connection. I have 200mbps down and 20mbps up connection behind a nice router too.. 

Even when I'm running one campaign and 80 threads.. everything still fails.. websites won't be loaded etc.. 

I have been using GSA SER for a long time, but something like that haven't happened before.. 

Also I have a nice PC too so the problem must be software related.. any ideas how to diagnose that problem and/or fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I can't see how this is a SER problem when it worked before. Because nothing changed the way I use the tcp/ip stack. Test it with previous version (linked to start menu).
  • Nope, same problem with previous version. I'm not saying that it's GSA SER's problem.. I was just asking for ideas what could be wrong and how I could fix it.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Usually it's the router that can not hanlde the traffic. But if it worked before for you, than maybe the firewall or some other thing in-between. 
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    You can verify by setting your threads to like 10 threads. Assuming that works, you're pushing too much traffic through the router, or your provider is throttling/disconnecting you when your traffic spikes.
  • Yes it makes sense, but it doesn't make sense when I have been running SER for a year at 150+ threads and now even 70 crashes the connection..

But I dunno what I did, but now Im able to run 2 campaigns together.. :D @ 70 threads.. 
  • I think I found something..

When GSA has 99% CPU usage (I have i7 2600k cpu) then internet connection fails.. but if it's below that it's all good.