Skip to content

why does majestic show almost 80% other anchour when i did only a fraciton of that in SER?

I think i have 33% other, 20% domain and 13% alternate/partial match.

in majestic tho it shows NONE of my actual anchours i want to rank for and only anchours for internal links- so the internal links are the anchours about 5% for each page , 15% or so for domain and 70% other.

big discrepancy form what i put into gsa.

any explanation for this?

i know my shitty site hasnt been getting backlinks form any other place :D

as a side note looking at top 10s in majestic anchour text seems to have fuck all correlation with rank. theres no pattern from what i can see of top 10s as there are all types of different anchour profiles ranking.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry I don't know your settings in SER. What does our statistics say to your anchors? Keep in mind that some engines build links with there own anchor text (e.g. Trackback-Format2, some guestbooks and so on).
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited September 2013
    Majestic probably just hasn't found all of your links, bearing in mind that your contextual links will most likely be on brand new pages that majestic is unaware of, whereas your generic links will probably be found on existing pages of things like blogs and social bookmarking sites that are crawled often.

• edited September 2013
    good point.

ill look in gsa stats then and sb link checker

ye it looks alot more verified when i look in gsa verified links

• I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

As far a I can see from my test domains that I've spammed heavily the settings on SER are pretty accurate, probably better to spend the time scraping new target lists or building new links.