Skip to content

Anchor text recommendations...

For starters, this is an awesome forum. Thank you to everyone who has shared their secrets. This is my first attempt at automated link building, and I am treading carefully. 

I haven't seen any recommendations with the new anchor text options. Can anyone make a recommendation or point me in the right direction? Don't worry, I won't blame you if things go badly. I am looking at pointing about 200 tier 1s at an internal page, spread out over 2 weeks. The page currently has about 1000 links already. I used a good company to build a lot of them using tiered link building, and it worked well.

I have 2 main keywords for the page (Same word, plural and singular), plus 4 longtails.

Main Anchor Text% (2 word phrase, single and plural ex: Personnel Service, Personnel Services)

Partial Match Anchor Text% (I'd rather not use this - my main keyword is 2 words, and a 1 word phrase is useless) 

Secondary Anchor text% ((4) Long Tail 3 word phrases, plural and singular. ex: "Personnel Services Company", "Personnel Service Companies")

Branding Anchor Text %

LSI Anchor Text % (I'd rather not use this. LSIs will point at other pages. I have a deep site, and my KWs are very tightly  targeted)

Generic Anchor Text%

Domain as Anchor Text %

Anchor Text Variations  % (Not sure how this works. Does This affect the other %s, or does it use the existing %s and vary them? For example, if I use 30% Exact match, and I set Variations to 20%, are 6% (20%x30%) of the anchor text exact match variations?

Thanks so much for the help.

Tagged: