Skip to content

Can I scrape a competitors backlinks and just use that list to post with gsa?

Theres a guy nearly on page 1 who i know uses SER and his site shows 120k external links in majestic.

I knew specifically they have only used GSA cos i know about them thru what someone else told me and putting 2 and 2 together.

So can i just use scrapebox to pull all their backlinks and post to that list, to polevolt my own site up :P?

IF so what settings do i have to do to set it to only post to my own list?

That effectively makes GSA like scrapbebox/xrumer then right in terms of blasting?

Comments

• You can indeed to that, though there is no certainty that all of your competitors backlinks are from platforms that SER can post to. Maybe do a bit of digging through their backlinks so you can identify what platforms they seem to favour, and make sure they're checked in your project setup. Then it's basically just a right click > Import Target URLs > From File to start the posting process.
  • i also have to tick something somewhere like only post to own list or something dont i? i dont know where that is in gsa but read that on here. cos i only wanna post to that list.

in terms of engines id just tick all engines wouldnt i then it would only posts to the ones it could form the list (rather than posting to junk like trackbacks and stuff). hmm will SER also post to the default lists of trackbacks and forums and that crap tho, cos i dont want that.

i know this guy has only picked high quality stuff for top tier so if i click all engines and it only posts to the list then it should only post to quality sites- just wanna make sure its not posting to SEr's default junk as well.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Yea leave all engines checked, if you want all.
    In project options, uncheck all search engines and uncheck use global lists.
    Then import your list and it will post to your list only :)
  • ^ yep, what Mesut Ozil said, but I would only check the engines you want potentially linking to your site.
  • i often do that. i scrape some targets from interesting engines like drupal. then i check who's posting many articles etc. and then i do ahrefs reports on their backlinks, copy and paste them and i got new targets. pretty simple!
  • You could also use Options > Advanced > Tools > Import URLs > From File and Save to custom file. This will scan all the urls for possible targets and save them to a seperate file, which you can then import into your project later.
  • but how do i get it to post only to the imported list and not to either gsa default lists or to search the web for targets.
  • You do what gooner said
  • ah missed that post, my bad.
  • So i tried scrpaingt he backlinks in sb backlink extractor and it only gave me 32 backlinks!!! wtf?

majestic says the site has 113k backlinks but sb only pulls 32...
  • that's because SB uses search engines, and the backlinks reported there suck.

For 113k backlinks you need a paid service like majestic, moz, ahrefs, etc...

http://backlinksanalysisace.com/explore Here you can buy a report on an specific site, scraped from AHREFS. For just one project it could be a good option.

• Cheers. So Sb would only be showing how many are INDEXED in G then? if thats the case it would be interesting to know cos this perosn is on second page with only 32 links indexed if that is true.

that cant be the whole story tho because i checked one of my own sites and sb indexer shows over 100 links indexed yet the backlink checker only showed 10 or so agian.
  • @PeterParker no, G only shows you a few links not all indexed backlinks. G has the full BL profile they just don't show it. Tools like Majestic, Ahrefs et al show you everything they find.

If you want to know how many BLs are indexed, pull a list from Majestic (or others) and check them with SB.