Skip to content

Problems with ISP anyone?

Hi.

just curious about this. 2 Month ago my provider shut down my internet connection and told me i was having a virus or bot which is causing "Spam" traffic. After a talk they reactivated my internet connection. The last to days, everytime when i start gsa my router is loosing internet connection. My ISP is Netcologne Germany. Anybody in here has similar experiences?

Regards...

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    get a better router is my advise that can handle many open ports.
  • sirsmokalot about a month ago my ISP shut me down for less than a day - until they knew I got their notification in my web browser. They said someone on my network had the Zeus Bot. I'm sure this didn't come from using GSA SER though. They showed me the report from their "trusted third party" and at that date and exact time I had downloaded a zip file from a newsgroup that when unzipping, my cheap ass Zone Alarm Anti-Virus and Firewall said it caught a trojan and removed it. It didn't. So I bought Norton 360 Premium and cleaned my computer with another Norton tool. All has been fine since. I also run Malwarebytes.

Are you connecting to your router via wireless? What's your connection speed from your provider? Those two things could be causing you issues too. I run GSA SER from my laptop, wireless, on a 12mb per second fiber optic ISP connection. Using wireless N. Depending on my threads I sometimes hit like 90+ LPM.
  • MrXMrX Germany
    edited September 2013
    Im using the exact same ISP and they gave me the same issue once but it never happened again.
  • Are you connecting through their netconnect vdsl box thing? I cant start my gsa at the moment. Everytime i start more then 3 projects the internet connection strikes. But im in talk with the provider, lets have a look at what they say. Thx for the answers guys...
  • Im using a fritzbox whatever number router and got a 50mbit connection. When they blocked me, I said I have to use that much connections for work and that everything I do is save, maybe this got me out of their filter I dont know.
  • Use a VPN. Shoot, with America/UK/etc spying on you, you should use one regardless.
    Google 'PIA VPN'. It's what I use.

• I also use a VPN. To my it is better than a proxy because it encrypts the data (packets) and it hides the IP you hit on. 

There is one downside, some IPs are banned by Google. So when GSA search engine needs to retrieve information from Google, you may see "your IP is blocked". 

Not a big deal. You just need to find a VPN with many IPs that aren't banned by Google.

From speed point of view, no change