Skip to content

Posting on my own wordpress (not wordpress.com)

How can I post to my own wordpress site? I already have accounts; XML-RPC is enabled and registration is disabled.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I think you have to script something on your own than as xml-rpc is not supported by any engine.
  • Thank you for your answer.

I don't really care if it's thru XML-RPC. Is there any engine that supports Wordpress with given login and password?

If not, should I enable registration (from my VPS' ip only) and Wordpress Article will do?
    the wordpress article engine should handle this but needs registration.
  • edited September 2013
    I can see that Wordpress Article engine has:
    page must have1=wp-login.php?action=register

Does it mean that string "wp-login.php?action=register" needs to appear on the main page? What about sites with enabled registration but without link to the registration page? It's important because many pages are like so (at least Polish wordpress spam sites).
    Yes thats right. Anything else you suggest to identify them correctly?
  • edited September 2013
    I believe the software I was using before just used to go to: http://example.com/wp-login.php?action=register and checked for string:
    "User registration is currently not allowed." or other (I can help with finding Polish strings if you are interested). It didn't care if there was a link to this page.

Also Wordpress Article should have greater priority than comment (it's much more valuable to create a post rather than a comment or a trackback or a profile or anything else).  Perhaps GSA should be aware that one site can be of different target types?

BTW, I've been playing with GSA for three days now. Being programmer myself, I'm amazed by its design and user friendliness (I know nothing about it effectiveness yet). I often think to myself "ok, so I'm gonna go to this other software or write a script and do this thing first" and then I realize GSA has this option builtin :)
    Thanks Matt, new version is not relying on the register link. See if that helps.