Skip to content

Tips for cranking up the links per minute?

first of all thanks to you guys who were giving me previous tips on my possible seo probs.

After some analysis of competitors backlinks I think Ive ascertained my problem to be waaaaay too few links.

So I have only had gsa on default settings so far with no proxies and would only get like 0.4 links per minute. From what I gather form toehrs's this is a pathetic amount.

Now I will learn how to use proxies with gsa and increase the threads.

Anything else to take into account for increased lpm?

I am already on a vps (it aint fancy but itll do the job and not something i can upgrade atm due to budget).

Comments

• scrape for lists using a scraper and import them into it. watch your lpm fly
  • Nice! so i can use hrefer (the daddy of scraping) for scraping and GSA for blasting ?
  • never used hrefer, but yes you should be able to
  • i was thinking tho woudlnt this be alot more time consuming overall? rather than the set and forget nature of gsa? or works out about the same once you have some decent lists?

not sure if i wanna commit to trying yet, wanna try just making a bunch more porject for the same domains 1st and see how i go to increase my overall submission rate.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @peterparker - Scraping does work great for LPM, but as you said it takes away the set and forget aspect.

Also, does LPM really matter to you? I mean do you really need more links?

For example, i have about 70 T1 projects + lower tiers and i can get enough verified links per day without scraping.

So, if you don't need more links then no need to scrape really. If you do want to scrape, try the free version of gscraper - it's limited to 100,000 links but you can tell it not to scrape duplicates so that is plenty for one scrape.
  • edited September 2013
    like we have both suggested then i think i could crank up my total links more easily on whichever website i like by just duplicating the project and slapping int  some new WAC content.

also its clear that is what im missing too- making more projects, since ou say you have 70 and tiers too i only have 4 total one per site so far.

i think ill still want some proxies tho cos i was getting banned on just 4 projects ive been using.

To give an idea of what i was missing from what majestic told me, most urls i analyed of competitrs would have20k-100k+ indexed external links whereas my pissy sites had a pathetic 20-500  (not K ...total!) tops :D. so that was a clear issue to be solved.

and aiming for these numbers i think its time to say screw the pr filters :D

great info ive been getting form you guys over the past few days, cheers!
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited September 2013
    There are loads of threads about this, just look for previous posts by @Ron or @LeeG (Thanks Fellas), and spend a bit of time tweaking the settings how they say, testing as you go.

The first things that I'd do in your shoes would be to:

- Buy at least 20 or so semi dedicated proxies.

- Lose the pr filters, or if not, at least set it to (PR of Domain) 1 or 0.

- After you've been spamming for a while go through the successful vs verified lists, and uncheck any platforms that perform poorly.

There are other things too, but if you spend some time on it you can really send SER into overdrive.

For  example, I can see 60 to 100 LPM on just one project if I set SER to 'Kill'. - I dread to think what some of the others are achieving.

edited September 2013
    @2take2 - Good advice and i did exactly what you suggested at first, read almost all of the posts by @ron and @leeg + @ozz.

@peterparker - Lot's of projects does seem to make a big difference, also when you add new projects you will initially see that it flies because it doesn't have to remove dups and can post to any suitable site.

Another thing to think about... Removing poor performing platforms, this works great but Sven improves platforms over time and/or some may decrease in performance. This means that you have to analyze the stats fairly regularly and if you want to change them later, editing 100s of projects is a nightmare i personally don't want to face, i just don't have the time. So i now leave all platforms selected.

Proxies are a must - i tried using public proxies to scrape because they work fine in scrapebox/gscraper but for whatever reason they don't work well in SER. Way too slow.

But yea i suggest you read and experiment and do as much as time/result allows.
  • @gooner, yea, the posts by those guys (and others) really helped me a lot when I was starting out with SER.

I can see where you're coming from RE optimising the platforms, it can be a bit of a ball ache and quite time consuming initially, but once it's done you only really need to check on the stats occasionally in order to tweak.

Not sure if you know, but you can copy and paste the platform selection into other projects, but as you say, doing this 100 times would be a right pain. - @Sven, not sure if it's feasable, but perhaps a feature to bulk alter the platform selections in multiple projects might be a useful improvement to the software (If it's not already possible?)?

With regards to keeping an eye on engines getting improved etc. what I tend to do is have a single project running on the side with all engines checked just blasting a couple of hundred links per day to my hand built web2s. - another idea that I got from this forum!

@2take2 - I do the hand-built web 2 thing too, seemed we read the same post haha

How do you copy and paste platform selection into other projects? I've never heard that before.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited September 2013
    @Gooner, - Highlight the project in the dashboard, click on 'Edit' at the top right, 'right click' in the platform selection area, and the rest should be self explanatory.
    @2take2 - :O I can't believe i've never seen that before. I've been spending ages messing around with the engines when creating projects, when i could just of copied and pasted, what an idiot! haha

Thanks mate appreciate it.
  • No worries, your more than welcome,

You can also just duplicate an existing project, change the name, target url/s, import the data fields, and your good to go.
    Yea i was duplicating T1 to make another T1, changing all info, then duplicating the new T1 to make a T2, changing all engines.

It did occur to me there must be a quicker way! Thanks again.
  • up to almost 6 lpm today by jsut grabbing a bunch of public proxies and upping threads to 50.

a nice increase! :)