Skip to content

How many OBL do you set for t1 links?

I have been doing 50 with pr3+ for tier 1. Is this obl too low since i only got 1 verified after 12 hours.

I know if doing tiers its better to have low obl but im wondering if more total links outweighs the advantage of low obl.

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited September 2013
    Personally, i don't set any OBL or PR filters.
    For Tier1 i only use contextual engines so OBL doesn't matter.
    And in my opinion (others will disagree) the homepage PR makes little difference since your link is not going to be on the homepage.

Or to put it another way, if you want high PR links there are better ways to get them than using SER.

For lower tiers where OBL might have some relevance, i still don't use it since it's a lower tier and i don't care what links those are at all. Same goes for PR on lower tiers.

Hope that helps.
  • Cheers, ye i figured what your stance would be form what you said about not using pr filters :).

im trying both ways at the mo.
    That's a good idea, if you get better results with filters please let me know.
  • Actually i think im gonna switch it off agina for now, cos it takes sooooooo long to get any targets (2 days now and only 1 verified link!), and you gooner are saying you get page1 rankings without it anyhow, is that correct?

if so then no point fixing what aint broke.
    @peterparker - I've only been using SER for a month, the best result i have from a new site is rank 30 - So i can't say 100% you can get to page one.

But i have other sites that already had some SEO done and they have gone to page one with SER only and no filters.
  • edited September 2013
    Index rate will play a deciding factor as well anchor text variation, number of T1 targets, tiered linking, stickrate, etc.