Skip to content

How many private Ip addresses do I need?

I am running a tier 2/3 backlink campaign and all of sudden google bans my ip address and I can even make a search. I had bought 10 semi dedicated Ip addresses for my tier 2/3 backlink campaign and left gsa running overnight. Just wondering did I make a mistake somewhere? 

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited September 2013
    It depends on how many threads you are running i guess.

As a general rule i use 10 threads for every proxy (that's an old basic rule from way back before SER even existed - So someone else might have better advice).

If yours are semi-private then it also depends on what those you share them with are doing too.

I assume you checked "Use proxies for everything" in the options?
  • Yes I use proxies for everything. And is it safe to run the software 24/7?
  • I ticked the use proxies and nothing else under the proxy. I assume this automatically means the proxies will be used for everything?
    You have to tick "use proxies for everything" and then check "private" for everything there.
    Then click "configure" load in your proxies there and then test them all, if all are ok then it should be fine.

You may also want to check "stop projects on no active proxies" and "restart projects on active proxies"

If you have all of those options checked then you should be fine.

Yes you can run the software 24/7 but if your proxies are being banned you may want to use less threads and/or a longer wait time between search engines.

If you are saying your home/VPS IP was banned, then the selecting the options above should prevent your Home/VPS IP from being used at all.
  • What is the accepted number of proxies I should use for tier 2/tier 3 campaigns? Like 10?
    It all depends on how many threads you want to use. I use 400 threads, 30 proxies with a 90 second custom wait time... That is working ok for me.

Other people have different advice, so best to experiment and see what works good for you.
  • You are the best gooner. Thanks.
    you're welcome.
  • I use in total like 60 semi-private proxies.
  • I would imagine the search engine query delay is a factor as well.
    Maybe bump it up to 2 minutes between searches.