Skip to content

My top anchor text for one project is now %anchor_text% but can't tell why

Ahrefs is showing this and can't tell at all how this could be happening. I set up a project for this a couple of months back and everything was working well. I then decided to change things up a bit about a month ago and added in 6 different articles to use with anchor text macros in different places, only one macro per article. I've checked and rechecked the macros in the articles and all are fine (<a href=%url%>%anchor_text%</a>). The articles are being grabbed in GSA with the spinfolder macro (%spinfolder-C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Articles\project1%). I've checked all other fields in GSA for this project, including keywords and anchor text fields and none contain the %anchor_text% macro. Any ideas what is going on here or what else I should be checking for?

Comments

• Adding a little more info here. I've found numerous articles where this is happening and it's not just within the articles where I have the tokens. I have GSA automatically inserting the url at the bottom of articles and many of those links have the literal %anchor_text% as the anchor in this spot as well. I have numerous projects set up in exactly the same way as the problematic one and none of them have this issue.

The ONLY difference I saw was that on the project that is not replacing the %anchor_text% token with an appropriate anchor I didn't have the %url% token in quotes in the link (<a href=%url%> vs. <a href="%url%">. I can't imagine that matters, but I did place the quotes in there just in case.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Strange indeed. Can you maybe provide that problematic project as backup (without modifications)?
  • Sure, just let me know how I can get it to you.
  • make sure that all your macros do not have a minor misspelling
  • Thanks for the suggestion. That was probably the first thing I did. I double checked the tags in the articles for mistakes and double checked the macro itself that is pulling the article directory.