Skip to content

New category feature to improve article approval in traditional article directories

New category feature to improve article approval in traditional article directories by adding comma separated category list that works on any level of category structure.

By definition, as traditional "article directories" I mean all those sites that commonly are supported by {almost} all other platforms and have a more or less standardized article-category structure. Such as AD, AMS, AF, WP, AB, etc = NOT the wikis, or blogs, etc.

During the past several years of article distribution I noticed that almost all article directories (except AB) are have submissions pending approval.

One of the easiest way to get an article rejected or account banned is to submit to random NON-matching article categories. One of the safest way to get articles approved is to
- offer human readable quality articles
- to really matching categories

Hence the current article category system never can meet such criteria, the variety of different article directories and versions is too large. In addition some of the article directories are strictly niche based and have NO match for general article topics.

If you know UD for example, that is the smartest way to select categories:

a comma separated list of category names = more precisely category-STRINGS that are contained in the full existing precise category name.

such category list could be imported into SER as so many other lists as plain tex-tfile - one file for each niche

a practical example for easier understanding - from my last article based project.

article topic was about a country for active retirement, to live in nature, suitable for web publishers based on excellent mobile www connectivity and also contained an offer for download of a few thousand free nature pictures from that country (Philippine islands).

hence a comma separated category list based on my general knowledge of categories would be = from most relevant (most frequently used) to less frequently appearing categories:

destinations,travel,retirement,self-improvement,self help,online business,philippines,asia,nature,health,publishing,photography,internet,webmaster,miscellaneous,others,uncategorized

by using strings instead of full words: the categories
self-improvement,self help
would be matched by "self"
the string "travel" also would match "travel tips", etc

in another topic I use for spiritual topic articles, there are matching categories as strings such as
spiritual (at least one major article directory has exactly that, most others have spirituality)

hence based on a publishers knowledge of available categories, a list of short precisely matching strings from most relevant to least relevant
and if NO match = NO submission still is better than a wrong submission that never gets approved and the account banned for life!

once approved - such articles (=links) stay for the full lifetime of that site.

with the current system of random submissions - in the past 4 weeks I have NEVER seen a single approval of an article in those traditional article directories because random directory always is mismatch and spam. there are far too many directory trees out there to match with current category system even part of all.

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Man you sure do have great ideas, let me tell you.
  • NOT my idea
    first and only time I saw that was a few months ago in UD
    in UD however it was taken one step further and UD downloaded from ALL recognized article directories the real+full article structure
    then offering field for comma-separated category words, hit enter and you saw full display of matching categories in all available article directories and either could completely change the category list or modify the sequence or ADD/select mismatching categories manually in the GUI

since yrs I maintain a number of article directory site accounts - one account each - multiple quality content articles with different links to my pages = with full G success
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Let me explain how this is working for now:

1. It sees if you have selected a same category in the past (project option "ask user").

2. It takes your defined categories and sees if any matches. If you entered *software* it takes the first category that has this string in it.

3. If nothing was found, it takes your keywords (not all but just the first 100) and tries to match that.

4. If nothing has found, it takes either a random one, asks you in a query box or skips the submission.

@hans51, if you have a list of categories, I mmight be able to offer a pre-selection to the customer.

• @sven
    may be your #3 above does what I was looking

I have no written list of categories - all categories relevant to MY work = in my mind

but here a short one I found that reflects most common basic category trees

as a general rule based on my experience, same article directory NEWER versions = more categories / sub-categories
    older versions fewer

every article directory has somewhat different categories or category structure. but if you can search existing directory tree for existing category-strings,
    then detailed knowledge of tree unimportant.

most of the general directories have a basic structure similar to below
    this is a ery basic category structure - may vary between different directory plantforms but more or less could serve as a general category structure matching most new or old article sites

Politics
            Current Events
            Commentary
        Health & Fitness
            Weight Loss
            Nutrition
            Medicine
            Hair Loss
            Fitness Equipment
            Exercise
            Diabetes
            Depression
            Cardio
            Beauty
            Alternative Medicine
            Acne
        Fashion
            Jewelry
            Clothing
        Communications
            Video Conferencing
            Mobile Phones
            GPS
        Writing & Speaking
            Writing
        Society
            Weddings
            Sexuality
            Religion
            Relationships
            Marriage
            Divorce
        Recreation & Sports
            Martial Arts
            Fishing
            Biking
        Internet Business
            Web Design
            Site Promotion
            Security
            Podcasts
            Internet Marketing
            Ezine Publishing
            Email Marketing
            Ecommerce
            Ebooks
            Domains
            Blogging
            Audio-Video Streaming
            Affiliate Programs
            SEO
        Food & Beverage
            Wine
            Gourmet
            Cooking
            Coffee
        Disease & Illness
            Colon Cancer
            Breast Cancer
        Business
            Small Business
            Sales
            Marketing
            Home Based Business
            Entrepreneurs
            Customer Service
            Careers
            Article Marketing
            Advertising
        Vehicles
            Cars
            Boats
        Self Improvement
            Time Management
            Success
            Happiness
            Creativity
            Coaching
            Attraction
        Product Reviews
            Music Reviews
            Movie Reviews
            Consumer Electronics
            Book Reviews
        Home & Family
            Pets
            Parenting
            Landscaping
            Home Security
            Home Improvement
            Holidays
            Hobbies
            Gardening
            Crafts
        Finance
            Taxes
            Real Estate
            Personal Finance
            Loans
            Investing
            Insurance
            Currency Trading
            Credit
        Computers
            Software
            Hardware
            Games
            Data Recovery
            Computer Certification
        Arts & Entertainment
            Music
            Photography
            Celebrities
        Reference & Education
            Legal
            Language
            K-12 Education
            Homeschooling
            Environmental
            College
            Science
            Sociology
        Travel & Leisure
            Aviation
            Boating
            Destinations
            Outdoors
            Travel Tips
            Vacations
        Uncategorized

above is a VERY basic 2 level structure existing but FAR more complex structures are found in newest article directories with lots of niches already included

above list is from
    http://freeairtcledirectory.com/

a more recent category list includes many more keywords in the directory structure, but only is available in directories with newest versions from past few years

on this below page you can see/extract a complex article directory tree

http://www.afroarticles.com/article-dashboard/

another category list
    http://web.docuticker.com/go/docubase/category/

basically there are article directories that have all continents and a full list of countries for geographical relevant articles
    and of course a much smaller number of very specialized niche article directories

personally I prefer NO submission rather than a submission in mismatching irrelevant category.

from SEO point of view in category-sites = ideal is
    matching category
    matching content
    linked to matching page on money site

same for link directories

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    ok next version will let you choose one of the pre-defined categories.