Skip to content

Way to get relevant in-article links generated?

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited September 2013 in Need Help
I'm using the fairly new GSA SER function of adding auto-generated links into articles, but is there a way we can get RELEVANT links and RELEVANT anchors, instead of those off the list? I'm not sure how this might work, but I've done link analysis of some interesting black-hat sites and I'm pretty sure they must be doing something similar, unless they generated a massive list + anchor texts themselves.

For example:

'As a result a sex offender registry is available'

instead of just linking <a>sex offender registry</a> to 'www.google.com/s=sex offender registry', is there a way we can link it to www.sex-offender-registry.com (or any custom link)? I assume I can add it to the spun list of URLs, but not sure how to do that along with the anchor text.... If it could be automated somehow to grab the top 1 result from Google that would of course be best!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It does that by default as good as it can. It uses the search engines with "type=link" in content_search.dat file. But sometimes there are no slots free and it just uses one of the generic URLs.
  • Hi Sven, so in my example above, you mean it will already 'find' the domain sex-offender-registry.com , how does it do this? I didn't fully understand your reply.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Before posting your article it does...

1. Creates a list of all good words where a link can be placed
    2. Chooses one or more of the words to place a link on
    3. sees if it knows a link to be used for that word (previous search)
    4. tries a quick search for the word if nothing is known by using content_search.dat file with all engines using "type=link"
    5. if it has to wait for too long to perform that search to not get blocked on the search engine, it takes one of the random urls in generic_urls.dat replacing %anchor_text% with the word.