Skip to content

[REQUEST] Scraping Tutorial

edited August 2012 in Need Help
Hey,

I would like it if Santos was able to make a video showing how to utilize GSA as a scraper (i.e. the same way you would use scrapebox)

The videos out so far are only around setting up campaigns and utilizing options.

P.S. Is the scraping tool as effective as scrapebox? how have you guys compared it so far? 

Thanks in advance :) 

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    This shows how the scraper works. What exactly were you looking for in a scraper tutorial? If you're familiar with scrapebox and all of that then its essentially the same thing as far as footprints go.

• Hey Santos,

My bad, I didn't know you made this a few days ago :( 

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!!!

btw, is there any way to scrape for links with certain settings (i.e. blog comments with PR2 +) instead of just blog comments on a certain platform\?

p.s. is there anyway to also customize the way the software sorts the lists you create ( for example say you had sites with very low obl and HR, you probably wouldn't want to be mixing that list with crummy links)
       --> in your video you showed your media wiki's, which is just a huge list from all your campaigns or scrapes. So my question is, can that be organized better via PR and OBL

Thanks in advance!
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Right now there is no way to really do that within GSA SER. That mediawiki list was a big list from all my campaigns but my campaigns are all at least PR1 max 100 OBL (usually max 50) so every single one of those links are PR1 and above.

There is no scraping options to only scrape PR1 or OBL, etc. That would be pretty cool to have though. If you want something like that added you can put it in the feature request section and see what Sven says. :)
  • edited November 2012
    Ef that, if you want to scrape stuff buy scrapebox. I'd rather have Sven keep this baby doing what it does best "build links" than re-create the wheel in addition to cluttering GSA up.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    +1 for the global list to store at least the OBL and PR. It can always recheck it prior to submission. But this is a pretty nb feature!