Skip to content

Thread won't go max since update

@sven Hi, after the recent update, the Thread that I am running won't go to max. I'm running 450 but now it only runs 20-30. The max I have seen is 70 but only for 3-5 secs.

Please help. Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Read the FAQ please. It simply means that there are not enough targets left to post.
  • Hmmm OK!  I thought it has something to do with the update since right after the update was installed, this issue occurred. Thanks anyway. 

• Yeah I think I am getting something similar, and at the moment I have 1 project enabled processing a list of over 1 million URLs.

I originally had it set at 350 threads and was seeing very few being used (typically 1-5) so I dropped it to 250 and still seeing the same thing. This morning I ended up dropping it to 100 threads and its a little better (averaging up to 60 threads), but its still not getting a consistent 100 threads which is what I would expect when processing a list of URLs.
    For this project I have search engines disabled, so as far as I can see it should be processing new URLs constantly and therefore be using all threads possible? The computer its running on is an i5, 16gb of RAM so its not sluggish and can definitely handle it with no problems

Seems to be mainly happening on the 6.48 version but I am going back to 6.47 today and see if thats getting similar problems
  • edited August 2013
    Seems like it could have been a Captcha Breaker problem - updated to the latest version (2.10) and it seems to be processing stuff a lot more quickly.

-- I retract that, about 5 minutes later it seemed to stay around a handful of threads while occasionally jumping up but nothing consistent --
  • HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    Have the same problem as @jd_salinger, running a single project that's ONLY processing a list of 1mil+ URLs. No search engines, no "using global list", just a huge imported list of target URLs.

After a while, the threads just start droping more and more, until there are 10-20 of them. If I restart the project, it will go back to full 250 threads and stay there for x amount of time (it varies, might be 10-20 minutes, might be 8+ hours) but eventually the same thing will happen again. Started seeing this a few versions back and the problem is still here.

It can't be the project's fault since it was doing the same thing 1 month ago with 1 of those lists every day and it stayed on full threads all the time until the list has been processed.

At the moment of writing this, I'm looking at my SER, only the mentioned project is running (atm verfifying) and it's hanging on 10 threads. "Left target URLs" in that project shows 1.2mil URLs. After pressing "Stop", nothing seemed to happen, couple of things happened in the log but it still stayed around 12 threads. 2 min later it finally stopped. After restarting the program, it's back to normal with 250 threads.

Also, (don't know if this is related or not), the scrolling log file sometimes freezes for couple of minutes. This tends to happen during this thread drop.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well what exactly happens on this "freez" in your log? Thats the only thing thats interesting.
  • So the thread that is not hitting the target is not interesting? :)

After recent updates, my threads managed to hit 250ish but never reached 450. I am quite happy with it compared to 20ish. Moving to new VPS as well to check if it's the same.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @Hinkys Are you skipping hard to solve captchas or having a third party solve them?

Are you using CB or something else?

I think I might know what the problem is.