Skip to content

What do you guys do if you make a full tier and your site still hasnt ranked?

Does making more tiers have a cumulative effect in your experience? Because if you do you are just regurgitating the same links right so there would be limited effect in that?

What I find happens now is i make a stack of 3 tiers and just get stuck on second page and since i used all my firepower i dont know what to do next.

Comments

• Yeah, it does have an acumulative effect. If it is a very tough niche, you should try to get some High PR blog posts or even maybe to start building your own private network.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited August 2013
    ^^Exactly what @Peisithanatos said. Well said. You simply need more authority links. Pay attention to page authority/trust, and use Ahrefs and Majesticseo to assess the value of these links. So if you buy links, check out those pages on these tools first. It takes only a few seconds and worth the time.
  • Make sure your links are getting indexed. Backlinks Monitor is very good for monitoring this. In my experience the Tier 3s take weeks (4-6) to push juice up to your Tier 1.
  • edited August 2013
    ron, i dont have the money (or inclination) for buying high pr links so everything is gsa atm. I also like doing as much as i can ''in house' .

sweeppicker, ye indexing has been my main focus these past few weeks so i have that base coovered. interesting to hear you say 4-6 weeks for juice to flow up, good to know as i better wait a while longer to gauge results. ive been indexing tier3 and started on indexing t2 recently so will wait and see what happens with those.

I do still have alot to index on these initial tiers tho so i plan to focus on those links i already have before/while gettign new links.

• PeterParker are you using any service for indexing or something else?
  • no service, just backlinks
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    PeterParker - You can use free/manual stuff for authority links on tier 1 too.

Manual web 2.0's (add 5 - 15 articles on top sites and blast them with GSA SER), video submissions, pdf submissions, press releases, manual article directories etc, blast all with SER.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited August 2013

@PeterParker - I understand. Just remember that you can get a PR5 link for $5 per month, and it is small investments like these that can put you in the money very quickly. In some niches you won't be able to get there with just SER. As long as you know that, then all is well.

As far as your original question, what I do is turn up the pace of linkbuilding on all tiers, but not all at once. So if I am at 10X the tier above, I will start at T3 and turn those up to 20X. Then a week later I turn up T2 to 20X. Then a week later I turn up the volume of T1. That usually helps me break the barriers or plateaus that I hit with rankings. Outside of that, you can maybe build some high quality links directly to the moneysite, something special like press releases, video, audio, pdf links. Then after all of that, if you still can't break through, you have to go high PR.

• ^interesting, are you saying w2 alone will be ok for top tier? i worried about diversity, but does it not matter so long as you have diversity underneath?

I actually am doing just that now but only trying this strategy from the otehr day so early days yet.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited August 2013
    PeterParker - If you use SER and w2 etc for the top tier, you'll have your diversity.

As @Ron has touched on here and mentioned in other threads it's partly about link velocity - Ensuring you have an increasing number of links month on month (or a similar number every month once you hit the top).

And also about link quality - Link velocity can beat link quality if you have enough links and link quality can beat link velocity if you have enough quality.

But the best bet is to have quality and velocity then you will be unbeatable... until Google brings out a new update anyway! lol
  • haryonoharyono in your heart
    It sometimes happen with me, website with little backlinks less then 20k 2 ranks upper my site with 300k backlinks. I check in majestic SEO they do optimizing backlink so constantly in between 10 to 30 backlinks perday. I check what they do and found the answer  is PING from site a to b to c ...... All their backlinks come from joomla sites installed joomsocial. hope someday GSA suppor Joomla social backlinks as well.
  • haryono

"I check what they do and found the answer  is PING from site a to b to c ...... All their backlinks come from joomla sites installed joomsocial. hope someday GSA suppor Joomla social backlinks as well."

can you explain more please..

1. PING from site a to b to c
    2. how joomsocial effect in backlink optimization?

Thanks.