Skip to content

Can I turn off email verification for some projects?

edited October 2012 in Need Help
Perhaps strange request.... but since this catchall strategy I dont want all projects polling the pop mailbox..

Comments

• If the project contains a platform that requires email verification, it will need to check the email to work correctly, so im not sure why this would be usefull at all.

That said you can enter incorrect details in a project and it will attempt to verify without email when it detects the login error, though 90% of the time this wont work as the platform requires email verification.

Perhaps i misunderstand your question?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes entering wrong details might work for you. I will not make this optional.
  • The presumption is that 7 projects will not connect to the catchall mailbox, but the one that will, will verify the links of all 8 projects, right?
    Thats not working. How should project1 know what links to verify for prokject2 ? It will only "click" links that are actually belonging to a URL of that project.
  • that's the internal logic that the end user isn't aware of :)

the presumption is it just loops through the mail objects following links that match a general footprint of site types SER knows about.

ok I leave the catchall being battered :)
    No you have some misunderstanding here. If project1 checks emails, it identifies the email belonging to one of the URLs it should verify. If it sees some URL in an email not belonging to any of its project, this email is not touched.