Skip to content

WTF: I updated my GSA SER version, and it deleted all my projects..

Why would it delete all my running projects?

I like the software, but this is definitely a F-ed up feature.

Oatmo

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    We don't delete any projects at all. Might be your anti virus program or something else on your PC that false detect things.
  • The files were still there. I reinstalled the old version and the second time I ran it the project came back.

Should I backup all projects before every version upgrade?

What does the unsaved data may be lost message pertain to?

Fred
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You might want to backup all projects every once in a while just to be safe. You never know when a computer crash might happen too.
  • I did now.. didn't see the option before.

Nice feature might be a nightly backup of the settings and all the projects to a pre-defined location.
  • So, turns out that on every update, it downloads the new code, updates and restarts, and never shows my projects. If I exit and restart, then it shows my projects. My projects are not stored in the default location, so I think there is a bug in the update where the first restart doesn't pick up the registry value which tells it where all your projects are stored.
  • if this only happens to you, your software should be corrupted,, uninstall using revouninstaller and reinstall, after you  backup your settings and projects of course.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    SER does not automatically download and install any updates, the user has to do this.

Try stopping all running projects before you update. Doing this, SER will save everything when you do this.

Not sure whats happening to you, but I have never had this happen to me yet.
  • ser bug updated new version 5.57 after restart  pc my project all setting gone everything empty 
  • I don't store my projects in the default location. I store them on a different drive. Because of this, I think that there is a bug in the update process on the restart after the update. Since I know it exists, it's not a problem, but the first time gave me a heart attack.

I now backup all projects and settings before every update. You can't update with it running, so you have no choice but to do it with all projects stopped.

lioncool, are your projects and settings still gone when you restart the second time?
    I have all my SER information on a different drive also and this has never happened to me.
  • Is there a built in backup option?
    Right Click > Modify Project > Backup
  • oatmo i restart ser couple time even tried old version my project setting gone and some my project backlinks gone from 8k to 2k