Skip to content

GSA SER "chokes" on verifying

edited August 2013 in Need Help
Hey,

Im normally verifying my links every 2-3 days, but now I do it every 7 days (for the bigger tiers). This basically means i have around 1 Mio Links that have to get verified.

I do it in chunks of 2-3 Projects (around 200.000 URLs) but when i go active->verify only and start the projects, SER verifies until 1-2% and then just stops. 

It stays like this for 10 Minutes until it goes on for another 1%. 

I set the Threads to 100-300, but its always at 30 threads when it "pauses". For the time it verifies it always takes the full amount of threads available.

Did anyone experience that problem and has a solution ?

Regards

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    does that happen right before adding a new verified URL to the list?
  • It happens after it verified around 50-100 Urls and added them to verified list. It stops for 10 Minutes and then goes on in baby-steps.

Regards
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hard to say what this is causing.
  • edited August 2013
    When i tell SER to "stop" it doesnt stop. But when i just close it by clicking "x" it and say "yes" when it says that projects are still running, it will go on verifying fast for some seconds and then stop.

Some people in chat say they have same issue with big lists, may i send log (debug)?
  • MrXMrX Germany
    You can try the sheduler as it starts and stops the projects!
  • im always using scheduler...

It seems to get a bit better when i untick "delete after 1st verification try" but still slow and sometimes stops :/
  • Noone? :/ its a real problem.