Skip to content

how to find the bottleneck

my CPU is nearly always at 99%, which is good I guess because it means the software is always doing something.

what process is likely to be using the CPU so much? I wonder if I can turn other settings off to help out.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You should at least give us some details about your settings to see what might cause this. Also check your project content and the size (big size = a lot parsing = high cpu usage).
  • I find high threads understandably lead to high cpu - what  i do find odd is that I can happily run 200 threads when submitting , but if  I am using 'Import URLS (Identify platform and sort in)' on its own 200 threads will cripple my computer -  I can only reliably run imports on SER on 70 threads, unless, paradoxically, I turn submitting back on to slow down the import.

But this then means the import is done at a very low priority and takes ages. ho hum!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The reason is simple. When you import target URLs, it means the program has always enough URLs to start new threads. Thats not the case if you use search engines only as you might not find enough targets to keep 200 threads busy.