Skip to content

Not choosing random captcha after SER update

ok so all was fine until 2 days ago - updated ser & CB, and since then I'm getting the captcha boxes pop up for manual entry. Double-checked, and all projects are set to 'ask all services' then 'choose random'. So, I try setting to 'use 1st service' and 'choose random', and I'm still getting the manual boxes pop up every few seconds, it's highly frustrating. Any ideas?

I also looked at SER > options > captcha, and note that login/pass for CB is blank - it's been so long that I can't remember if this is ok, or something has gone wrong there?

Also I'm *really* hoping that there is a mass edit function so I can set all projects to 'ask all users > choose random' - it took an age to manually go through and check/change each project + tiers to 'ask 1st service' (yes, 1st service is 100% CB) and I am dreading having to do all that again 1 by 1.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it's a global setting. You have to uncheck "Finally ask user if everything else fails (else the submission is skipped)"
  • ok so the update on SER ticked the box Options > Captcha > 'finally, ask the user if everything else was unsuccessful else skip submission'.

Now unticked, now cured.

If there is a way to mass edit all projects anyway, feel free to tell me how for future reference, or confirm that this is not possible :-)
  • ha, you beat me Sven :D thanks :) And the global edit - is there a feature for this (apply to all projects, or similar)?
    yes (right click projects->modify->edit...) though it applies all you see in the options to the project, not just the changed things.
  • ok thanks Sven, I'll have a look at that later when my pos berman account unfreezes yet again
  • ^ 2gb of RAM should let me run CB and SER with how many projects/threads without freezing issues? I've been moaning like a bitch at berman, while I'm here though I may as well just check if 2GB is actually enough to run the above (no other programs at all running, windows 8)
    thats all not related to this thread topic...please open a new one.
  • ok np, thought it'd save cluttering, will do...