Skip to content

crashing after update to 6.38

immediately after the update I started getting the memory errors and GSA crashing. This is happening on both installs. I sent in a bug report on one of them but it's got me at a standstill now.

Comments

• My windows crashing with new version of SER
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    fixed two bugs for upcoming version (after receiving bugreports). So let me know if new one is fixing it.
  • ok thanks
  • Version 6.40 still has GSA lock up for me only seconds after starting it.
    What in detail lock up? Do you get a bugreport?
  • upgrading to v6.40 overwrote my working version of v6.38 so if anyone can post a copy of that I'd be your best friend
  • sorry, I did not see your reply before the above post.  There is no bug report, the software is running, and then everything stops, it just stops working, and I cannot stop or close the program.
  • if you are the same Sven of Berman hosting, you are welcome to access my vps and see exactly what is going on.
    @HappyBear yes please leave login details in pm
  • Crash after update to 6.40 ... sorry for russian language on screen

• still getting out of memory errors and crashing - sent bug report

also had to go in and turn off the box telling it to ask you for captcha
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Search_Engine_Ranker.exe Application Version: 6.4.0.0 Application Timestamp: 2a425e19 Fault Module Name: Search_Engine_Ranker.exe Fault Module Version: 6.4.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 2a425e19 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00007874 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7 Locale ID: 2057 Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• this is present in all crashes ... .. loaded urls...loaded urls...application freez..
    bahh what an evening (my g/F hates me)...but finally i found the issue (hopefully). v6.41 should fix it.
  • Sorry, and thank you :)
  • I just got another crash with "out of memory" errors. I sent a bug report.
  • Mine is still doing the same overnight. It will run for a few minutes and give tons of "out of memory" errors until it crashes. I can't use it.
    @Stanger this must be something else, the bug from this thread is fixed. Your sure it's not some of your project settings?
  • I didn't change anything at all, just did the upgrade. I haven't touched the settings in over a week.
  • Is there a change log posted for each version?

@Samx click on the Help button to view changelog

@Stanger whats the memory usage?

• vps1 - 1gig
    vps2 - 539mb
    @Stanger please provide the project and setting backup for debuging...if this was not a problem in the past it must be something on your projects that is leaking memory. Though my projects didn't leak any memory so it's hard for me to debug this if it does not happen.
  • tell me what you need me to send you.

I've had these campaigns running for over two weeks with no changes because they were running great and getting great results. Did the 6.38 upgrade and then the other upgrades and all I get now are memory errors and then crashing. I've been sending bug reports about every 5th time it crashes.

I turned each one off and now back on one at a time to see if I can find something.
    I need project and setting backups.
  • when I try to backup the settings, I get the "out of memory" error. I have GSA stopped when trying to do the backups.
    So it's your project thats too big I guess. Maybe zip the project folder manually and send me that?
  • ok I'll get it done. I tried only running a few projects and its still crashing out. Very frustrating.